RE: [wince-devel] Access Violation

  • Keuchel, Rainer
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2001
      > I have a problem in my application.When I run the
      > application it throws an Exception like this and hangs.Could anybody
      > help me.
      >
      > Unhandled Exception in <application name> (ADOCEDB.DLL) :
      > 0xC0000005: Access Violation.

      Maybe you can tell us what your application does in the
      moment of the crash...

      ------------------------------------
      Visit us at: http://www.allgeier.com
    • Senthil Kumar Rajamanickam
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2001
        We are developing a chat server application.When a client request comes to
        the server runs in HPC 2000 emulation.The server application depending on the
        client request fetches the details from the MSAccess database and send to the
        client.While debugging in the server side we cant point out the exact
        location where the application get crashes it throws the excetion randomly
        some times the application works fine.

        Regards,
        Senthil.

        "Keuchel, Rainer" wrote:

        > > I have a problem in my application.When I run the
        > > application it throws an Exception like this and hangs.Could anybody
        > > help me.
        > >
        > > Unhandled Exception in <application name> (ADOCEDB.DLL) :
        > > 0xC0000005: Access Violation.
        >
        > Maybe you can tell us what your application does in the
        > moment of the crash...

      • Keuchel, Rainer
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2001
          > We are developing a chat server application.When a client
          > request comes to
          > the server runs in HPC 2000 emulation.The server application

          There is no HPC2000 emulation.

          > depending on the
          > client request fetches the details from the MSAccess database
          > and send to the
          > client.While debugging in the server side we cant point out the exact
          > location where the application get crashes it throws the
          > excetion randomly
          > some times the application works fine.

          What processor/os/language do you use on the server?
          What ADOCE version did you install?
          What are the addresses that come with the crash dialog?

          ------------------------------------
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 1, 2001
            Sorry it is H/PC Pro 2.11 WIN32(WCE x86em).I'm Using ADOCE 3.0.And in the
            Crash dialogbox which i got only

            Unhandled Exception in chatserv.exe (ADOCEDB.DLL) :

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 1, 2001
              Probably this is the address u would expect.
              00C935C1 mov eax,dword ptr [ecx]
              00C935C3 push ebx
              00C935C4 call dword ptr [eax+58h]
              00C935C7 cmp dword ptr [esi+44h],ebx