Re: [wince-devel] WINCE4.2 BSP

  • zalavadiya rakesh
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 26, 2007
      Why do you want to start on Windows CE 4.2 .. ? The
      current version of OS is Windows CE 6.0.

      You can find the documentation online at:
      http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb159115.aspx

      Thanks/Regards,
      Rakesh.

      --- liem_ieie <liem_ieie@...> wrote:

      > I am a university student in indonesia. Recently I
      > have bought a ARM
      > S3C2410 development board.I will start Windows CE
      > 4.2 on it, but i am
      > confused where to start. Could someone help me with
      > some material or
      > ebook how to start or make a BSP, OAL, boatloader
      > for Windows CE 4.2 ?
      > Thank you for your help.

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
    • liem_ieie
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 26, 2007
        I use WinCE 4.2 because of the size of SDRAM. I only have 64MB SDRAM.
        WinCE 6.0 need 128 MB SDRAM.Could you advise me some books how to
        build a platform from WinCE ?
        Thank you for your information.

        --- In wince-devel@yahoogroups.com, zalavadiya rakesh
        <rakesh_zalavadiya@...> wrote:

        > Why do you want to start on Windows CE 4.2 .. ? The
        > current version of OS is Windows CE 6.0.
        >
        > You can find the documentation online at:
        > http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb159115.aspx
        >
        > Thanks/Regards,
        > Rakesh.
        >
        > --- liem_ieie <liem_ieie@...> wrote:
        >
        > > I am a university student in indonesia. Recently I
        > > have bought a ARM
        > > S3C2410 development board.I will start Windows CE
        > > 4.2 on it, but i am
        > > confused where to start. Could someone help me with
        > > some material or
        > > ebook how to start or make a BSP, OAL, boatloader
        > > for Windows CE 4.2 ?
        > > Thank you for your help.

        > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

      • zalavadiya rakesh
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 26, 2007
          Hi,

          Windows CE 6.0 supports 64MB of SDRAM so do not worry
          about that..!

          First you need to get the VS2005 and Platform builder
          6.0 tool for building the Image.

          Once you installed the above tool , use the platform
          builder help on how to create the operating system
          image.

          Windows CE 6.0 platform builder has the support for
          ARMV4i emulator.

          First do all your experiments using Emulator and be
          familiar with the windows ce ..!

          Thanks/Regards,
          Rakesh.

          --- liem_ieie <liem_ieie@...> wrote:

          > I use WinCE 4.2 because of the size of SDRAM. I only
          > have 64MB SDRAM.
          > WinCE 6.0 need 128 MB SDRAM.Could you advise me some
          > books how to
          > build a platform from WinCE ?
          > Thank you for your information.
          >

          > --- In wince-devel@yahoogroups.com, zalavadiya
          > rakesh
          > <rakesh_zalavadiya@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Why do you want to start on Windows CE 4.2 .. ?
          > The
          > > current version of OS is Windows CE 6.0.
          > >
          > > You can find the documentation online at:

          http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb159115.aspx

          > > Thanks/Regards,
          > > Rakesh.
          > >
          > > --- liem_ieie <liem_ieie@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > > I am a university student in indonesia. Recently
          > > > have bought a ARM
          > > > S3C2410 development board.I will start Windows
          > CE
          > > > 4.2 on it, but i am
          > > > confused where to start. Could someone help me
          > with
          > > > some material or
          > > > ebook how to start or make a BSP, OAL,
          > boatloader