starting with porting...

  • bharatwajjan.ramakrishnan@wipro.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 4, 2005
      Hi all,

      We have a big application which works in Linux well.

      Now we have to port the whole thing to winCE we abstracted

      The os dependent part. So that we have to change only that part

      In order to port the whole thing.

      How do I start off with this stuff. I can test the ported programs only
      by compiling

      The whole application on the particular platform. So does winCE platform
      builder support make files?

      If how do I start with creating a new project with the same directory
      structure as in Linux.

      I have winCE 5.0 platform builder installed and VC++.

      Any help in this regard will be appreciated.

      Regards,

      Bharath.

    • padmini badrinath
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 6, 2005
        Hello
        Use EVC++
        Platform Builder rarely used for porting purposes
        Regards
        --- bharatwajjan.ramakrishnan@... wrote:

        ---------------------------------
        Hi all,

        We have a big application which works in Linux well.

        Now we have to port the whole thing to winCE we
        abstracted

        The os dependent part. So that we have to change only
        that part

        In order to port the whole thing.

        How do I start off with this stuff. I can test the
        ported programs only
        by compiling

        The whole application on the particular platform. So
        does winCE platform
        builder support make files?

        If how do I start with creating a new project with the
        same directory
        structure as in Linux.

        I have winCE 5.0 platform builder installed and VC++.

        Any help in this regard will be appreciated.

        Regards,

        Bharath.

        Computer software program
        Software
        Windowsce

        Terms of Service.

        ---------------------------------

        Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your partner online. Go to http://yahoo.shaadi.com
      • Shahid Mahmood
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 6, 2005
          Hello All
          I need to port a Bluetooth audio device driver (headset) to PocketPC. I
          have the driver source in vxWorks and Linux.

          Please guide me where to start.

          Thanks!
          -Shahid

        • R.Bharatwajjan
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 15, 2005
            Yes
            we are using EVC4.
            Anyone got any ideas about the pthread library for winCE
            We tried to port the pthread-win32 library.
            but the process.h and signal.h are not to be found in the SDK.
            Is there any other option or should we starting
            mapping the function to winCE ones.
            Bharath.

            --- In wince-devel@yahoogroups.com, padmini badrinath
            <mini_badri@y...> wrote:
            > Hello
            > Use EVC++
            > Platform Builder rarely used for porting purposes
            > Regards
            > --- bharatwajjan.ramakrishnan@w... wrote:
            >

            > ---------------------------------
            > Hi all,
            >
            > We have a big application which works in Linux well.
            >
            > Now we have to port the whole thing to winCE we
            > abstracted
            >
            > The os dependent part. So that we have to change only
            > that part
            >
            > In order to port the whole thing.
            >
            > How do I start off with this stuff. I can test the
            > ported programs only
            > by compiling
            >
            > The whole application on the particular platform. So
            > does winCE platform
            > builder support make files?
            >
            > If how do I start with creating a new project with the
            > same directory
            > structure as in Linux.
            >
            > I have winCE 5.0 platform builder installed and VC++.
            >
            > Any help in this regard will be appreciated.
            >
            > Regards,
            >
            > Bharath.

            > Computer software program
            > Software
            > Windowsce

            > Terms of Service.
            >

            > ---------------------------------

            > Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your partner online. Go to
            http://yahoo.shaadi.com
          • Konovalov, Vadim
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 15, 2005
              > we are using EVC4.
              > Anyone got any ideas about the pthread library for winCE
              > We tried to port the pthread-win32 library.
              > but the process.h and signal.h are not to be found in the SDK.
              > Is there any other option or should we starting
              > mapping the function to winCE ones.

              not only threads are limited in Wince, this is one of the reasons I can't
              get rid of using rather old PocketPC device, because its thread problem is
              slightly less.

              See http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?t=11274&highlight