Books on WinCE

  • mayur
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 2 2:21 AM
      Hi

      Can any one let me know how is the book "Programming WinCE.Net - Doug Boling's " or is there any other books for starters.

      Thanks in advance,
      Mayur M

    • Nghia Thai Huynh
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 2 3:05 AM
        Hi,

        After read the book i see that you can get more info from www.msdn.com
        I tried to looking for it in my computer, unfortunately i think i removed
        it.
        I think that you should begin with msdn or you can get a lots of info in the
        help
        of evc 4.0.

        Good luck

        Can any one let me know how is the book "Programming WinCE.Net - Doug
        Boling's " or is there any other books for starters.

        Thanks in advance,
        Mayur M

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Dhanesh D Pai
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 2 3:12 PM
          Mayur,
          It depends on what you are planning to conecntrate on. If you are
          planning to work on the application side then its a pretty decent book.
          This book is not suitable for WinCE Platform development ( i.e kernel
          development )

          dhanesh

          mayur wrote:

          >Hi
          >
          >Can any one let me know how is the book "Programming WinCE.Net - Doug Boling's " or is there any other books for starters.
          >
          >Thanks in advance,
          >Mayur M

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Nick L
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 3 2:15 AM
            Mayur,

            I’ve had all three editions of this book, and they’re a great introduction
            to programming the Windows CE API. If you want MFC, you will need to look
            elsewhere and the pocketPC/GAPI stuff is quite brief, but if you want a good
            all round base then I strongly recommend it.

            I've also got Windows CE 3.0 Application Programming by Grafton and Brain,
            and I don't use it much at all...

            Regards,
            Nick.

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 3 6:25 AM
              Haiii,
              Greetings all
              then which is the book suited for kernel development
              Thanks and Regards
              Padmini

              ---------------------------------

              mayur wrote:

              >Hi
              >
              >Can any one let me know how is the book "Programming
              WinCE.Net - Doug Boling's " or is there any other
              books for starters.

              >Thanks in advance,
              >Mayur M

              >Yahoo! Groups Links

              Terms of Service.

              ---------------------------------

              Free antispam, antivirus and 1GB to save all your messages
              Only in Yahoo! Mail: http://in.mail.yahoo.com
            • rangy samuel
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 3 10:39 PM
                Hi Padmini,

                I think "Building powerful platforms using platform builder" will be a good choice for kernal development.

                Cheers,
                Rangy

                ---------------------------------

                mayur wrote:

                >Hi
                >
                >Can any one let me know how is the book "Programming
                WinCE.Net - Doug Boling's " or is there any other
                books for starters.

                >Thanks in advance,
                >Mayur M

                >Yahoo! Groups Links

                Terms of Service.

                ---------------------------------

                ---------------------------------

              • mayur
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 3 11:29 PM
                  Hi all,

                  Thanks for the responses

                  In the msdn, i come across this

                  WinCE5_Demo1: Microsoft Windows CE 5.0 Basic Lab

                  http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7d9feec4-d4c7-4068-a0ca-4c82c59268b5&DisplayLang=en

                  It happens to be a Windows CE Video Tutorial.
                  Hope it is on the Application side? Can anyone share there views on this.

                  Waiting for ur comments.

                  Thanks and Regards,
                  Mayur M

                  ---------------------------------

                  mayur wrote:

                  >Hi
                  >
                  >Can any one let me know how is the book "Programming
                  WinCE.Net - Doug Boling's " or is there any other
                  books for starters.

                  >Thanks in advance,
                  >Mayur M

                  >Yahoo! Groups Links

                  Terms of Service.

                  ---------------------------------

                  ---------------------------------

                  ---------------------------------

                • ssepala
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 4 3:45 AM
                    Hi,

                    I have downloaded all ten. I would say its more on platform builder
                    and debugging side.

                    By the way "Building powerful platforms using platform builder" is a
                    nice book on kernel/ OAL development and can recommend.

                    Sadeepa

                    --- In wince-devel@yahoogroups.com, mayur <mayur8u@y...> wrote:
                    > Hi all,
                    >
                    > Thanks for the responses
                    >
                    > In the msdn, i come across this
                    >
                    > WinCE5_Demo1: Microsoft Windows CE 5.0 Basic Lab
                    >
                    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7d9feec4-
                    d4c7-4068-a0ca-4c82c59268b5&DisplayLang=en

                    > It happens to be a Windows CE Video Tutorial.
                    > Hope it is on the Application side? Can anyone share there views
                    on this.

                    > Waiting for ur comments.
                    >
                    > Thanks and Regards,
                    > Mayur M
                    >

                    > rangy samuel <rangysamuel@y...> wrote:
                    > Hi Padmini,
                    >
                    > I think "Building powerful platforms using platform builder"
                    will be a good choice for kernal development.

                    > Cheers,
                    > Rangy
                    >
                    > padmini badrinath <mini_badri@y...> wrote:
                    > Haiii,
                    > Greetings all
                    > then which is the book suited for kernel development
                    > Thanks and Regards
                    > Padmini
                    > --- Dhanesh D Pai <dhanesh@m...> wrote:
                    >

                    > ---------------------------------
                    > Mayur,
                    > It depends on what you are planning to conecntrate
                    > on. If you are
                    > planning to work on the application side then its a
                    > pretty decent book.
                    > This book is not suitable for WinCE Platform
                    > development ( i.e kernel
                    > development )
                    >
                    > dhanesh
                    >
                    > mayur wrote:
                    >
                    > >Hi
                    > >
                    > >Can any one let me know how is the book "Programming
                    > WinCE.Net - Doug Boling's " or is there any other
                    > books for starters.
                    > >
                    > >Thanks in advance,
                    > >Mayur M

                    > >Yahoo! Groups Links

                    > Terms of Service.
                    >

                    > ---------------------------------

                    Service.

                    > ---------------------------------

                    Service.

                    > ---------------------------------

                  • padmini badrinath
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 4 9:41 AM
                      Hello,
                      Thanks for the reply
                      vll check the availability in stalls
                      Regards
                      Padmini

                      ---------------------------------

                      mayur wrote:

                      >Hi
                      >
                      >Can any one let me know how is the book "Programming
                      WinCE.Net - Doug Boling's " or is there any other
                      books for starters.

                      >Thanks in advance,
                      >Mayur M

                      >Yahoo! Groups Links