KaffeCE: problems with ObjectOutputStreamImpl

  • mbortens
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2005
      Hi there,

      I installed the KaffeCE port of the KaffeVM on the new HP iPAQ rx3715.
      Although, this one has a Samsung processor it worked, basically.
      However, I have problems with the writeObject() method of the
      ObjectOutputStreamImpl class. I get an UnsatisfiedLinkError:
      Failed to locate native function:
      kaffe/io/ObjectStreamClassImpl.init() at
      kaffe.io.DefaultSerializationFactory.hasRdWrMethods(DefaultSerializationFactory.java:16

      I did some Google search and found out that this was also a problem in
      older Kaffe version which should be fixed now. Presumably, the error
      now lies in some c code in the dll files of the KaffeCE port.
      Any idea on how to fix that?

      I am pretty interested in that since I have to develop a UDP network
      app that should exchange objects.
      Any comments or advices are welcome.

      Thanks,
      Fred