RE: Wireless Pocket Outlook Inbox

  • Larry Chinn
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2005
      I've been using my Jornada 728 with a Orinoco Gold WiFi card. I have
      no problem getting on the internet using WiFi, but with the Pocket
      Outlook Inbox, the only email that fully works is through my work
      account. They use something called Neomail, a web-based e-mail
      client that can be installed on any UNIX mail server that is also
      running a web server.

      I can receive on my other emails using their POP3 settings, AT&T and
      Yahoo!, but for some reason the SMTP settings do not work with WiFi,
      only dial-up. AT&T technical support said Pocket Outlook does not
      support the SSL connection needed to connect to their GIA secure
      access servers and that I would need an email application that
      supports this for it to work.

      Yahoo! help says some ISP providers block port 25 and need to send
      through port 587 and gives detail instructions for setup but not for
      HPC 2000.

      Unfortunately, I'm moving on and cannot keep my work Neomail account.
      Does anyone know what makes Neomail work and of an email application
      that works similarly, whether I should try another ISP I should use
      or how to change the port settings for SMTP? Thanks!