Re: [wince-devel] RE: Tcl/Tk 8.4.3 for WinCE ARM binaries available

  • Vadim Konovalov
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1, 2003
      > To follow up on my last message, I have refreshed the Tcl/Tk WinCE3 ARM
      > binaries at
      > ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/incoming/tcltk843ce-arm.zip
      >
      > These now include the patches to the core Tcl and Tk 8.4 cvs head
      > (should apply cleanly to the 8.4.3 released sources) for building
      > yourself. Note that I modified Keuchel's celib headers for "cleaner"
      > WinCE3 operation and those patches are also included. These binaries
      > have been updated with the recommended modification to use the
      > internal Tcl memory allocator (#define USE_TCLALLOC 1), which speeds
      > up operation noticably.

      unfortunately your patch does not apply cleanly (I tried tcl-8.4.3, 8.4.2
      and CVS on sourceforge). Most frustrated changes were in win/tcl.m4, I
      failed to propagate them manually.

      Could you please share your source files?

      Thanks in advance,
      Vadim.
    • Serg Karpushev
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 21, 2003
        Hello
        Are the separate sources available ?
        I tried to apply the patch from ARM binaries archive but I failed
        I want to compile it for my PocketPC but it is SH3
        Serg mailto:ss@...
      • Jeff Hobbs
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 21, 2003
          Serg,

          > Are the separate sources available ?
          > I tried to apply the patch from ARM binaries archive but I failed
          > I want to compile it for my PocketPC but it is SH3

          You can find them at:
          ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/incoming/tcl8.4ce-src-20030610.tar.gz
          ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/incoming/tk8.4ce-src-20030610.tar.gz

          This is my full CVS checkout, but you can just work with it as a
          source directory. If you make any modifications, please tell me.

          Enjoy,

          Jeff Hobbs The Tcl Guy
          Senior Developer http://www.ActiveState.com/
          Tcl Support and Productivity Solutions
        • Serg Karpushev
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 22, 2003
            Hello
            Are any modification of celib needed to compile your sources ?

            Serg mailto:ss@...
          • Vadim Konovalov
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 22, 2003
              Please see some of previous postings of Jeff Hobbs related to this, because
              he explained some configure command that needed to be invoked from Cygwin.

              Something like following:

              $ /cygdrive/z/cvs/tcl/tcl8.4ce/win/configure \
              --prefix=C:/build/inst/tclce \
              --enable-wince=300,ARM \
              --with-celib=/cygdrive/z/src/celib-palm-3.0

              BTW it's good to compile recent Tcl/Tk, but why you do not use just already
              compiled ones from Rainer Keuchel's site?

              Vadim

              > Are any modification of celib needed to compile your sources ?
              >
              > Serg mailto:ss@...

            • Jeff Hobbs
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 23, 2003
                > Are any modification of celib needed to compile your sources ?

                Yes, as the 3.10 celib sources are not aggressive enough in its support
                for what Windows CE 3.0 provides natively. The patches are minor, and
                are noted in this message:
                and can be found in the links from this message
                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wince-devel/message/1541

                Jeff