Re: [win32forth] Re: new release 6.14.01

  • Dirk Busch
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2010
      On 31 Aug 2010 at 8:36, George wrote:

      > The code appears to be V6.15.01
      >
      > V6.14 is in a branch of the cvs, not the main branch. You need to
      > create a new folder (I use a V6.14 sub-folder) and do a cvs
      > checkout. Select the second tab (Revision) and then the second
      > radio button(Choose branch or tag) then select V614xx from the list
      > (Branch or tag name:).

      ok done. I created a new setup with the code from the 6.14 branch.
      It can be found here:

      www.schneider-busch.de/dirk/forth/download/w32f61401.exe

      And I created a setup with the code from the main branch, too.
      I modified this on, so that there is no need to rebuild the complete
      system during the setup process any more. The download will be
      a little bit larger, but that shouldn't be a problem.

      w32f61401.exe is 5,5MB
      w32f61500.exe is 6,9MB

      www.schneider-busch.de/dirk/forth/download/w32f61500.exe

      Dirk
    • Dirk Busch
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2010
        On 31 Aug 2010 at 18:15, George wrote:

        > --- In win32forth@yahoogroups.com, "Dirk Busch" <dirk.yahoo@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > ok, but are there big differences between the main branch and the
        > > 6.14 branch?
        > > >
        > > > George
        > >
        > > Dirk
        > >

        > Yes, there's experimental code to fix the problem with RECURSE being
        > used with :NONAME and increasing the number of locals to 16. Also
        > Ezra added some changes to the IDE and Jos has added a few as well.
        > Since these are new they should all go through the normal
        > developement process so we can be reasonably sure they're stable.

        well, the IDE seems to be very unstable at the moment. I'm having a
        lot of crashes, at the moment. Mostly when using the "Find Text in
        files" command.

        So it was a good idear not to use this Version for the setup.

        Dirk
      • Dirk Busch
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 3, 2010
          On 1 Sep 2010 at 9:30, Dirk Busch wrote:

          > And I created a setup with the code from the main branch, too.
          > I modified this on, so that there is no need to rebuild the complete
          > system during the setup process any more. The download will be
          > a little bit larger, but that shouldn't be a problem.
          >
          > w32f61401.exe is 5,5MB
          > w32f61500.exe is 6,9MB
          >
          > www.schneider-busch.de/dirk/forth/download/w32f61500.exe

          Hm, I forgot, that w32f is storing absolute file paths in the header.
          Rebuilding the system during setup is a must at the moment.

          So the w32f61500.exe setup is badly broken.

          Dirk