AI Mind in FORTH (Win32Forth)

  • Frank J. Russo
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 16, 2007
      AI-Mind in FORTH Win32Forth

      For those following the program I have moved my contributions to it's
      own site:

      http://AIMind-I.com

      Since last fall I have made significant changes to the program:

      -- Changed the mind channel arrays to data structures (see some of
      the code below) cutting memory requirements in half, 400K vs 800K.
      Making elements in the channel arrays available by use of names and
      not #'s. e.g T en{ psio, the old convection was T 1 en{.
      Another advantage is when clearing channel array elements simply have
      get the address and zero it out. e.g. T en{ en-size 0 fill.
      Another option is ability to increase the size of the mind core
      Channel Arrays, presently set at 10K but is limited only by
      application space.

      -- Since most of the array elements are integers occupying 2 cells
      and not 4, I had to create an integer fetch 'I@' and store 'I!' for
      the array elements.

      -- Web surfing added but not fully implemented. It works, just not
      using it.
      -- Web server. Has the ability but not implemented.
      -- Web page posting. You'll see at the link above, the page is
      posted / updated by the AIMind when it is running with its running
      stats. Webpage is updated once a minute locally then FTP'd to the
      host site once every 5 minutes.
      -- When AI ask a question it waits up to 30 seconds for a reply from
      user else drops questioning if no answer.
      -- Recognizes plural forms of nouns. BEST when the singular form is
      used first. Bird is pet. Birds fly in air.
      -- Use of adjectives, pronouns, adverbs, conjunctions all
      acceptable. Man and woman are parents -- boys are young men ...

      Next set of challenges:

      -- Like to see ConJoin module functioning.
      -- Improve AI questioning. At present only form of question is 'What
      do subject do' (eg What do bird do)
      - How about -- 'What is subj' (What is bird). 'Why Subj verb'
      (Why bird fly)
      -- Get agreement between subject and verb tense: Boy is .. Boys
      are ...
      -- Stop the repeating of noun as both subj and obj: Boy is boy..AI
      is AI..

      \
      **********
      \ If Anyone has a better way to construct the data structure than I
      have done here
      \ PLEASE, let me know.
      \
      **********
      \ Data Structures for Channel Arrays accessed: T #(0-6) array{
      \ --OLD
      \ 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
      \ psi{ psi act jux pre pos seq enx
      \ en{ nen act fex pos fin aud
      \ aud{ pho act pov beg ctu psi crc len
      \
      \ All fields are integer except 'pho gender & plural' and they are
      character
      \
      \ -- NEW
      \ 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
      \ psi{ psi act jux pos pre seq enx
      \ en{ nen act fex pos gen plr fin aud
      \ aud{ psi act pov beg ctu pho crc len
      \
      \ When accessing the new array elements I! & I@ MUST be used
      \ Remember these are now stored as integers not whole numbers
      \
      0 nostack1
      1 char+ field+ psio
      1 char+ field+ acto
      1 char+ field+ juxo
      1 char+ field+ poso
      1 char+ field+ preo
      1 char+ field+ seqo
      1 char+ field+ enxo
      constant psi-size
      \
      0 nostack1
      1 char+ field+ neno
      1 char+ field+ trash \ acto
      1 char+ field+ fexo
      1 char+ field+ trash \ poso
      0 char+ field+ gendero \ M - F - N
      0 char+ field+ pluralo \ S - P
      1 char+ field+ fino
      1 char+ field+ audo
      constant en-size
      \
      0 nostack1
      \ 1 char+ field+ psio
      \ 1 char+ field+ acto
      cell field+ trash
      0 char+ field+ povo \ Character length value < 256
      0 char+ field+ bego \ Character length 1 or 0
      0 char+ field+ ctuo \ Character length 1 or 0
      0 char+ field+ phoo \ Character length Alphanumerics
      1 char+ field+ crco \ Integer value
      0 char+ field+ leno \ Value < 256
      constant aud-size
      \
      \
      **********
    • AT Murray
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 16, 2007
        --- In win32forth@yahoogroups.com,
        "Frank J. Russo" <fjrusso@...> wrote:

        > AI-Mind in FORTH Win32Forth
        > [...]
        > http://AIMind-I.com
        ATM:
        Since an algorithmic AI breakthrough in Mind.Forth on 7 June 2006 --
        http://artilectworld.com/html/mentifex.html has the details -- I
        have been implementing the breakthrough algorithm in JavaScript at
        http://mind.sourceforge.net/Mind.html for Microsoft IE;
        http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/jsaimind.html for Internet Explorer;
        http://visitware.com/AI4U/jsaimind.html also for MSIE.

        FJR:
        > Since last fall I have made significant changes to the program:
        >
        > [ ... snipping implementation-specific details on changes ... ]
        >
        > -- Web surfing added but not fully implemented.
        > It works, just not using it.
        ATM:
        The ability of the AI Forthmind to go out and read Web files
        is intriguing and exciting, because it may lead to machine learning
        and to the travel of AI Mind entities from domain to domain --
        even to embodiment in Web-linked robots.

        > -- Web server. Has the ability but not implemented. [...]
        >
        > Next set of challenges:
        >
        > -- Like to see ConJoin module functioning.
        ATM:
        http://mind.sourceforge.net/conjoin.html describes the Conjoin
        module for the use of conjunctions in verbal output.

        > -- Improve AI questioning. [...]
        ATM:
        While coding the JavaScript AI Mind from July 2006 to January 2007,
        I have been doing a small amount of question-implementation and a
        large amount of new theorizing and planning for the asking of
        questions. The issue is intricately related with the problem of
        keeping the AI from making false, illogical, spurious statements.
        One solution against spurious assertions is to trap for
        conceptual activation-levels below a threshold level, and
        then to abort any nascent thought for which there is insufficient
        knowledge for the AI to fill in the gaps in the idea.
        The interrogative word "what" is a good filler for any
        blank-knowledge-gap in an emerging sentence. However, it is
        even better to switch the form of a defective statement
        into an interrogative question. It is not hard to do.
        First, however, the JavaScript and Forth AI programs need to
        be relatively stable.

        In 2005 and in the first of half of 2006 I coded Mind.Forth
        exclusively while neglecting the JavaScript Tutorial AI version.
        When I began in July of 2006 to try to bring the JSAI back up
        to par with Mind.Forth, I reached parity and went so much
        further with the JavaScript AI that now in January of 2007
        my JSAI functions much better than my original Mind.Forth code.
        If I manage soon to iron out any final bugs in the JavaScript AI
        and to attain a mature stability in the JavaScript AI code, I
        will then switch back over to coding Mind.Forth in Win32Forth.

        Meanwhile, the JavaScript AI Mind.html is attracting a lot of
        attention on the Web. Please see my message made yesterday at
        http://www.mail-archive.com/agi@.../msg04516.html
        for more details, and for recent history of Mentifex AI see
        http://www.kurzweilai.net/mindx/profile.php?id=26 -- my profile.

        http://modularai.corecoding.com is a new "Modular AI Project."

        Frank and everybody else, I work really slowly, but steadily
        and carefully. I plan eventually to put all my latest new
        algorithms and bug-fixes into Win32Forth, but meanwhile
        anyone who knows JavaScript can see my work in the JSAI code.

        Forth, the traditional robot language, is holding its own as a
        language for artificial intelligence -- thanks to Frank Russo.

        ok bye for now,

        Arthur T. Murray