Re: Email

  • Frank J. Russo
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 29, 2006
      Okay I have gotten the correct version I did the setup bat and the
      start bat.

      I am using earthlink and I know from yahoo I can access it by telling
      yahoo the server is earthlink.net. So I have followed the same
      procedure, gave it my access name and password on earthlink.

      But still not able to connecting to show me what is in the inbox.

      I have read all of the literature included but suspect I am mising
      something.

      What I am attempting to do is to give email access to my slowly
      developing and very mentally challenged AI-Mind. So I do not need
      all the windows etc that go along with the 4epost just someway to
      send out via my provider, earthlink, emails.

      Eventally I want the AI-Mind to be able to update its own webpage on
      my ISP with the AI-Mind's latest activity.

      Frank
    • Jos van de Ven
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 29, 2006
        "Frank J. Russo" wrote:
        > --l63sChfO9ZdRRLO3eNubpPPWyys8MU6B9YfgMJ3
        >
        > Okay I have gotten the correct version I did the setup bat and the=20
        > start bat.=20=20
        >
        > I am using earthlink and I know from yahoo I can access it by telling=20
        > yahoo the server is earthlink.net. So I have followed the same=20
        > procedure, gave it my access name and password on earthlink.
        >
        > But still not able to connecting to show me what is in the inbox.

        4epost uses the pop3 server and the smtp server of your ISP
        They can be found in the menu Accounts --> servers
        They may NOT contain:

        pop.wxs.com
        mail.wxs.com

        When I searched on the net I got the following for earthlink:
        Incoming mail (POP3) Server: pop.earthlink.net
        Outgoing mail (SMTP) Server: smtp.earthlink.net

        In a test situation it may be handy to switch Autodisconnect off
        in the menu Options. And be sure that you are connected to the
        internet before you start 4ePost.

        > What I am attempting to do is to give email access to my slowly
        > developing and very mentally challenged AI-Mind. So I do not need
        > all the windows etc that go along with the 4epost just someway to
        > send out via my provider, earthlink, emails.

        That means you will have to redesign the email part since 4ePost
        is bound to it's database and windows since they interact.

        > Eventally I want the AI-Mind to be able to update its own webpage on
        > my ISP with the AI-Mind's latest activity.

        Then you do may not need an email program or 4ePost at all.
        You will have to find out what the right protocol is to update
        the webpage and program the protocol.
        The only file that you perhaps need from 4ePost is perhaps sockets.f
        since it provides a way to write or read files of the internet.

        Jos

        ==
        4ePost: 1,862 bytes in mail. Elapsed time to buffer: .000055 sec.
      • Dirk Busch
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 30, 2006
          On 29 Sep 2006 at 14:04, Jos van de Ven wrote:

          > 4ePost is able to handle SMTP, POP3 and NNTP protocols through my ISP.
          > These protocols use a number of sockets.
          > 4epost was once tested by John Peters. After filling the start-up
          > parameters it also ran under his account using his ISP.

          Some time ago I tested 4ePost with an GMX acount, and it worked
          well.

          by
          Dirk