Re: [wildstormfan] Poll results for wildstormfan

  • namnyo
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 1, 2000
      > Well, I know this is probably inaccurate (my Cliffhanger experience
      consists
      > of me thumbing through some books at the comic shop and then returning
      them
      > to the shelf) but I've always had the impression that Cliffhanger was for
      > flashy, whimsical books, that the art was the main draw and that the
      writing
      > was fast and light.

      after picking it up, i got the impression it was flashy, whimsical artists
      and the writing was somewhat less-than-professional-level. but i say this
      only for DG and BC. crimson and steampunk seem to be on a whole different
      level.

      > Is there an official definition for
      > what the Cliffhanger imprint is supposed to be? If not, why do they even
      > have that imprint instead of publishing the titles under Wildstorm?

      i never thought about a 'definition' besides that each issues stops at a
      hanging point, thus the name. alot of comics do that too, soooo....

      as far as being an imprint and not directly being WS, its because its
      creator owned.

      Download Now http://www.netzero.net/download/index.html
      Request a CDROM 1-800-333-3633
    • davidstallard@cs.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 14, 2000
        I thought it was interesting that the answer with the highest number of votes
        involved having more Wildstorm Universe references in The Authority. For
        some reason I had the impression that Authority readers were mostly of the
        "screw old continuity" mindset, but maybe I was wrong. Of course, this list
        probably isn't the best sampling of Authority fans--I think most of us here
        are interested in more of Wildstorm's catalog than Authority.

        David

        ,

      • davidstallard@cs.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 11, 2000
          I've noticed that for almost every poll I run about a new Wildstorm idea, the
          majority says that it is a bad idea (Magique / Jezebelle is another example).
          So where the heck are all these ideas coming from? I know that this list
          isn't necessarily representative of the whole Wildstorm readership, but
          still, just look at how many recent Wildstorm concepts have failed....

          David

          In a message dated 9/11/00 5:27:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time,