Re: WildStorm Resource Wiki

  • macrossjxs
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 4 6:55 PM
      I still like the characters. I still enjoy a lot of the books from the
      Image days. But as a cohesive universe, the ball was dropped too many
      times.

      For me to buy into another WSU reboot, I need 12 monthly issues of
      WildCats -- shipped on time with 1 creative team for the run. Then
      someone like Brandon Choi would need to come back to architect something.

      Then the secondary titles could spin off from WildCats -- along the
      approach Jim Shooter took in rolling out the original Valiant line.

      Until then, I'll support the books (WSU or not) drawn by the Homage
      Studios artists whose artwork I like.

      I think a lot of the original WSU readers have gone the through the
      cycle of launch, late books, unfinished stories, wandering creative
      teams, DC interference and canceled books. That's why my interest in
      new reboots isn't so high.

      -Josh

      --- In wildstormfan@yahoogroups.com, "jnadiger"
      <wildstormresource@...> wrote:

      > Okay! I'll take that as a resounding "NO" to contribute to my site!
      >
      > I need a bigger spread of WildStorm fans, and I thought this list
      > would be a good place for the old school set.
      >
      > Still, if anyone changes their mind, the help will always be
      > appreciated. So please think of me if you find yourself re-reading
      > some WildStorm back issues!
      >
      > http://wildstormresource.wetpaint.com

    • jnadiger
      Message 2 of 15 , May 5, 2009
        Hi guys,

        Since we're talking again, I thought I'd take another stab at recruiting y'all for my WildStorm fan wiki.

        Now, I know you're not fans of the current crop of books, and that's fine, I'm not asking you to buy comics or anything. What I'm looking for are people who can contribute information about the older stuff, the early Image stuff.

        There's all kinds of things to contribute:
        • WildStorm Characters : It's not a comprehensive list, by any means, but there's pages for all kinds of characters, and we could use descriptions of their powers & abilities, as well as biographical information. Tell the world who Ion and Lancer were!
        • WildStorm Timeline  : A year-by-year chronicle of WildStorm Continuity, as best we can manage.
        • WildStorm Titles  : Each issue has its own page with credit list, original Previews solicit text, and a summary. We could use help filling in summaries for a lot of the early stuff, like I mentioned to David, we've got a few guys filling in info for the current World's End stuff, but a lot of that early Image stuff is neglected.
        • The To-Do List : A list of the various things that need to be added to the Resource
        • The art gallery  : A list of WildStorm related art, from covers, to original interiors, to convention sketches, if anyone has art to contribute, that would be great. As well, we have the ability to create Albums.

        Ideally, I'm looking for info on Wetworks Vol 1, StormWatch Vol 1, WildC.A.T.s, The Kindred, Union, Gen 13, Dv8, Deathblow Vol 1.

        So the next time you go through you backissues for something to reread, spare me a thought and share the WS love on the Wiki!

        You can register for it here .  It's a pretty smooth interface.

        Anyways, I'd appreciate any help, as well as any feedback on how to make the site better for you WS fans!

        Thanks,

        James.
      • jnadiger
        Message 3 of 15 , May 12, 2009
          Here's what you can do if you want to help contribute to the WildStorm Resource Wiki:

          21 Down : All 12 issues need summaries.

          Plus biographical information for the lead characters Preston Kills and Micky Rinaldi

          Allegra : All 4 issues need summaries.

          Allegra's bio is partially filled, but if anyone would like to expand detail on her powers or her backstory, please do.

          Ah, the Authority.

          The Authority Vol 1 : #1-8, and #21, have all been summarized, which just leaves #9=20, #22-28.

          The Authority Vol 2 Eye of the Storm : All 15 issues of the mature readers series need summaries.

          The Authority: Revolution " All 12 issues need summaries.

          The Authority: WorldStorm : Both issues released so far, so if you've missed out on the Underwater Adventures of Kenny From Our Earth Who is Also Getting a Divorce, look no further.

          The Authority: Prime : #4 and #5 have been summarized in great detail, but inexplicably, #1, #2, #3, and #6 remain in need of a synopsis.

          The Authority: World's End : All the issues released to date have been summarized by message board & wiki hero, Grifter78.

          Human on the Inside : Partially summarized, but could use some expansion and more detail.

          Jingle Hell and Spring Break Massacre could both use summaries, if there are any Lobo fans out there.

          Scorched Earth : Like Human on the Inside, this one has a short summary, but could always use more detail.

          The Authority Characters:
          The Doctor : Our current Doctor, missing in action, could use a bit more detail added to his bio.

          Jack Hawksmoor : His bio is pretty complete, but if anyone would like to add details from the recent Secret History story, that'd be sweet.

          Characters that need more detail added:
          * Chaplain Action
          * The Colonel
          * The Commander : Also, if anyone has a good pic of him, could they upload it to the image gallery?
          * Jacob Krigstein
          *From Revolution: Dyno-Mite , Fallout , Maiden America
          * Lorenzo
        • cinema_paradiso70@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 10 2:35 PM
            Hi all,
            As a MASSIVE fan of Wildstorm, especially GEN 13 & THE AUTHORITY I hope everybody participates in the new poll I just added. I'd like to know what titles members like best.