WildStorm Resource Wiki

  • jnadiger
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 5, 2008
      The WildStorm Resource Wiki  is where you can find information about the WildStorm Universe, chronicled in the comic books published by WildStorm Productions, an imprint of DC Comics.

      Contribute!
      * Join the WildStorm Resource Community , we're always looking for new fans and members.

      * Edit the content. It's a Wiki, and it won't work without you.

      * Don't know where to start? Take on a "To Do"!

      * Visit the WildStorm Resource Wiki on MySpace!

      Navigation
      On the left side of the Home screen, you'll find the Navigation Bar. Contents are divided as follows:

      * WildStorm Characters:  Detailed information about a character's powers & abilities, a biography of their adventures, and a list of their appearances in WildStorm comics.

      * WildStorm Creators:  A list of writers, artists, and everyone else who have contributed to WildStorm comics over the years. The goal is to have a bio and a bibliography for each creator.

      * WildStorm Studio History:  Here you will find the history of WildStorm Productions as a publisher.

      * WildStorm Titles:  Here you will find issue guides, character biographies and the publishing history for all the different titles WildStorm has released. SPOILERS ABOUND, so be warned.

      * WildStorm Universe:  Here you will find information about the geography, technology, and other information that can be found in the worlds of WildStorm.

      What's a wiki?
      A wiki is a collaboratively authored website. That means that this WildStorm site is created and updated by fellow WildStorm fans like you. Anyone who signs-up can edit an existing page or add a new one. The idea is that is gets better with time and participation.

      What's the purpose of this site? What makes it unique?
      The main reason is to connect with other WildStorm fans and build a site together to share the comics that we enjoy and to encourage others to try it out.

      Am I welcome here?
      Any and all WildStorm fans are welcome here. Throughout the history of WildStorm, there have been many different "eras", such as the original Image Comcis days, right through to the current days of DC Comics ownership. Everyone has their favourite book and/or characters, and the goal is to share those favourites with others.

      How can I help?
      There are lots of pages with 'To-Dos' (AKA tasks) so please feel free to pitch in and add your own content. Or, simply reply to a thread and keep the conversation rolling. The easiest places to start are synopses of single issues or adding to a character's bio.

      What if I have questions?
      And feel free to send me a message to introduce yourself: wildstormresource at gmail dot com

      Any help is always appreciated!  Thanks.
    • jnadiger
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 29, 2008
        Hi guys,

        So with WildStorm's latest relaunch under way, I've got a few people
        helping me out on the Wiki summarizing the current batch of titles.

        So if anyone's curious about what's going on, feel free to have a poke
        around the site. WildStorm Armageddon is completely summarized, as
        are all the World's End issues, and soon WildStorm Revelations and
        Number of the Beast will be summarized to bridge the gaps and paint
        the picture of recent WildStorm.

        However!

        The old school stuff is still pretty bare. I know a lot of you guys
        here have fallen out of love with WildStorm and the direction it has
        taken, so I'm not here to try and woo you back. Rather, I'd like to
        ask you guys to share that love and help me fill out the sections of
        all the Pre-Ellis, Pre-Eye of the Storm, Pre Worldstorm comics.

        I'm talking summaries and character info for WildC.A.T.s, Team 7,
        StormWatch Vol 1, Wetworks Vol 1, Deathblow Vol 1, etc. You know,
        CLASSIC WildStorm :)

        There's a lot of people coming into WildStorm for the first time right
        now, and I want to have a place where they can easily access ten-plus
        years of WildStorm info, this is kind of an extension of the Continuum
        and my own previous attempt at a Resource website.

        If and when you find a page you'd like to contribute to, just click
        the "easy edit" button and start typing.

        You can do it anonymously, although I'd much prefer we all take the
        time to register and create a new branch of our WildStorm community.

        I'm not doing very much with the message board or comments section of
        the Resource, so that discussion can stay here, or at Striker's Clarks
        Bar, or the WildStorm message boards, etc.

        Thanks for you kind attention, I hope to see some contributions soon!

        Best,

        James.
      • David Stallard
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 29, 2008
          There's another reboot going on?  Wow, didn't they just have one?  Have they ever gotten a title up to issue #50 outside of the original launch titles?  I wonder if they need to keep printing books with "#1" on the cover in order to keep interest alive at all.  Anyway, I'd be curious to hear how they're changing the universe this time around.  :)

          How is Wildstorm doing these days, anyway?  Has readership been relatively constant over the years, or has it swung wildly?  Is it currently at a high or low point, or just holding steady?  I would think that rebooting the universe doesn't signify a high point, but who knows.

          I have really fond memories of my deep dive into the Wildstorm Universe back around the time I started this list, but I am YEARS out of date with them now.  Several months ago I ventured into a comic shop and I saw an issue of some WS comic in which The Authority was facing off against the original Stormwatch, including Battalion with his bubble-helmet and Diva with her white skin, pink outfit, and crazy-long blond hair.  It was really cool to see the old team again, but I have no idea what was going on or how they've come back to life.

          David
          On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 12:46 PM, jnadiger <wildstormresource@...> wrote:

[...]

        • Mathieu Doublet
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 29, 2008
            Selon David Stallard <davidstallard@...>:

            > There's another reboot going on? Wow, didn't they just have one?
            They tried with the Worldstorm stories. But with only one issue of Wildcats (who
            was supposed to be the relaunch main title) and two issues for Authority, it was
            difficult to maintain. Thanks, Grant Morrison ! If you can't deal with 3 huge
            projets (at the time it was Seven Soldiers, 52 and Worldstorm), don't do it!

            > Have they ever gotten a title up to issue #50 outside of the original launch
            titles ?
            No.

            > I wonder if they need to keep printing books with "#1" on the cover in order
            > to keep interest alive at all. Anyway, I'd be curious to hear how they're
            > changing the universe this time around. :)
            I haven't read everything yet. I'm at Number of the beast. Armageddon was really
            fine to read but lacked a real plot. Revelations was also a good story to read.

            > How is Wildstorm doing these days, anyway? Has readership been relatively
            > constant over the years, or has it swung wildly? Is it currently at a high
            > or low point, or just holding steady? I would think that rebooting the
            > universe doesn't signify a high point, but who knows.
            From memories, I think that WS titles are not that successful. And it's a shame
            because titles are interesting. Gail Simone had a good run on Gen13 even if the
            first TPB is really boring. Cristos Gage did an amazing work on Stormwatch PHD
            and built back a huge part of WS mythology. Tranquility is fun to read even if
            it doesn't have any link to WS continuity. You can forget Deathblow (at least I
            did) and Wetworks was also nice to follow. Both titles are cancelled now.

            > I have really fond memories of my deep dive into the Wildstorm Universe back
            > around the time I started this list, but I am YEARS out of date with them
            > now. Several months ago I ventured into a comic shop and I saw an issue of
            > some WS comic in which The Authority was facing off against the original
            > Stormwatch, including Battalion with his bubble-helmet and Diva with her
            > white skin, pink outfit, and crazy-long blond hair. It was really cool to
            > see the old team again, but I have no idea what was going on or how they've
            > come back to life.
            Sadly, Authority Prime is not the best book with these teams. 6 issues is really
            too long. But it also shows that writers are trying to satisfy new readers and
            old school fans.

            We'll see how World's End do. Armageddon and Revelations are available in TPB.

            Sgt Pepere
            --
            Lycée Français de Moscou: http://www.lfm.ru
            Onirique Comics: http://onirique.free.fr
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 29, 2008
              Meh. Reboot. Whatevuh.

              I've given up on everything pretty much. I'm reading Dreamwar which is *Awesome*, but not continuity. Other than that, I was thinking about picking up PHD when it started again, but I can't be bothered, really. And I'm still sad they canceled Wetworks.
            • jnadiger
              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 29, 2008
                Okay! I'll take that as a resounding "NO" to contribute to my site!

                I need a bigger spread of WildStorm fans, and I thought this list
                would be a good place for the old school set.

                Still, if anyone changes their mind, the help will always be
                appreciated. So please think of me if you find yourself re-reading
                some WildStorm back issues!

                http://wildstormresource.wetpaint.com
              • Mathieu Doublet
                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 29, 2008
                  Selon Ben Kalman <Kergillian@...>:

                  > I've given up on everything pretty much. I'm reading Dreamwar which is
                  > *Awesome*, but not continuity. Other than that, I was thinking about picking
                  > up PHD when it started again, but I can't be bothered, really. And I'm still
                  > sad they canceled Wetworks.

                  You should pick PHD, it's really good. Nearly as good as Team Achilles.

                  Sgt Pepere
                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 30, 2008
                    You misunderstood - I have the entire run of pre-Worldstorm PHD. I just decided not to pick it up when it restarts...

                    > Selon Ben Kalman :
                    >
                    >> I've given up on everything pretty much. I'm reading Dreamwar which is
                    >> *Awesome*, but not continuity. Other than that, I was thinking about picking
                    >> up PHD when it started again, but I can't be bothered, really. And I'm still
                    >> sad they canceled Wetworks.
                    >
                    > You should pick PHD, it's really good. Nearly as good as Team Achilles.
                    >
                    > Sgt Pepere

                  • Ben Kalman
                    Message 9 of 15 , Aug 30, 2008
                      You misunderstood - I have the entire run of pre-Worldstorm PHD. I just decided not to pick it up when it restarts...

                      > Selon Ben Kalman :
                      >
                      >> I've given up on everything pretty much. I'm reading Dreamwar which is
                      >> *Awesome*, but not continuity. Other than that, I was thinking about picking
                      >> up PHD when it started again, but I can't be bothered, really. And I'm still
                      >> sad they canceled Wetworks.
                      >
                      > You should pick PHD, it's really good. Nearly as good as Team Achilles.
                      >
                      > Sgt Pepere

                    • Mathieu Doublet
                      Message 10 of 15 , Aug 30, 2008
                        Selon Ben Kalman <Kergillian@...>:

                        > You misunderstood - I have the entire run of pre-Worldstorm PHD. I just
                        > decided not to pick it up when it restarts...

                        Well for series already started, this is not a truly relaunch has they're
                        keeping their current number issue. I mean, for instance, Gen13 World's End
                        issue is numbered #21, not Gen13 #1 Vol.4. Everything is keeping its logic. At
                        least for now ...

                          Message 12 of 15 , Sep 4, 2008
                            I still like the characters. I still enjoy a lot of the books from the
                            Image days. But as a cohesive universe, the ball was dropped too many
                            times.

                            For me to buy into another WSU reboot, I need 12 monthly issues of
                            WildCats -- shipped on time with 1 creative team for the run. Then
                            someone like Brandon Choi would need to come back to architect something.

                            Then the secondary titles could spin off from WildCats -- along the
                            approach Jim Shooter took in rolling out the original Valiant line.

                            Until then, I'll support the books (WSU or not) drawn by the Homage
                            Studios artists whose artwork I like.

                            I think a lot of the original WSU readers have gone the through the
                            cycle of launch, late books, unfinished stories, wandering creative
                            teams, DC interference and canceled books. That's why my interest in
                            new reboots isn't so high.

                            -Josh

                            --- In wildstormfan@yahoogroups.com, "jnadiger"

                            Message 13 of 15 , May 5, 2009
                              Hi guys,

                              Since we're talking again, I thought I'd take another stab at recruiting y'all for my WildStorm fan wiki.

                              Now, I know you're not fans of the current crop of books, and that's fine, I'm not asking you to buy comics or anything. What I'm looking for are people who can contribute information about the older stuff, the early Image stuff.

                              There's all kinds of things to contribute:
                              • WildStorm Characters : It's not a comprehensive list, by any means, but there's pages for all kinds of characters, and we could use descriptions of their powers & abilities, as well as biographical information. Tell the world who Ion and Lancer were!
                              • WildStorm Timeline  : A year-by-year chronicle of WildStorm Continuity, as best we can manage.
                              • WildStorm Titles  : Each issue has its own page with credit list, original Previews solicit text, and a summary. We could use help filling in summaries for a lot of the early stuff, like I mentioned to David, we've got a few guys filling in info for the current World's End stuff, but a lot of that early Image stuff is neglected.
                              • The To-Do List : A list of the various things that need to be added to the Resource
                              • The art gallery  : A list of WildStorm related art, from covers, to original interiors, to convention sketches, if anyone has art to contribute, that would be great. As well, we have the ability to create Albums.

                              Ideally, I'm looking for info on Wetworks Vol 1, StormWatch Vol 1, WildC.A.T.s, The Kindred, Union, Gen 13, Dv8, Deathblow Vol 1.

                              So the next time you go through you backissues for something to reread, spare me a thought and share the WS love on the Wiki!

                              You can register for it here .  It's a pretty smooth interface.

                              Anyways, I'd appreciate any help, as well as any feedback on how to make the site better for you WS fans!

                              Thanks,

                              James.
                            • jnadiger
                              Message 14 of 15 , May 12, 2009
                                Here's what you can do if you want to help contribute to the WildStorm Resource Wiki:

                                21 Down : All 12 issues need summaries.

                                Plus biographical information for the lead characters Preston Kills and Micky Rinaldi

                                Allegra : All 4 issues need summaries.

                                Allegra's bio is partially filled, but if anyone would like to expand detail on her powers or her backstory, please do.

                                Ah, the Authority.

                                The Authority Vol 1 : #1-8, and #21, have all been summarized, which just leaves #9=20, #22-28.

                                The Authority Vol 2 Eye of the Storm : All 15 issues of the mature readers series need summaries.

                                The Authority: Revolution " All 12 issues need summaries.

                                The Authority: WorldStorm : Both issues released so far, so if you've missed out on the Underwater Adventures of Kenny From Our Earth Who is Also Getting a Divorce, look no further.

                                The Authority: Prime : #4 and #5 have been summarized in great detail, but inexplicably, #1, #2, #3, and #6 remain in need of a synopsis.

                                The Authority: World's End : All the issues released to date have been summarized by message board & wiki hero, Grifter78.

                                Human on the Inside : Partially summarized, but could use some expansion and more detail.

                                Jingle Hell and Spring Break Massacre could both use summaries, if there are any Lobo fans out there.

                                Scorched Earth : Like Human on the Inside, this one has a short summary, but could always use more detail.

                                The Authority Characters:
                                The Doctor : Our current Doctor, missing in action, could use a bit more detail added to his bio.

                                Jack Hawksmoor : His bio is pretty complete, but if anyone would like to add details from the recent Secret History story, that'd be sweet.

                                Characters that need more detail added:
                                * Chaplain Action
                                * The Colonel
                                * The Commander : Also, if anyone has a good pic of him, could they upload it to the image gallery?
                                * Jacob Krigstein
                                *From Revolution: Dyno-Mite , Fallout , Maiden America
                                * Lorenzo
                              • cinema_paradiso70@yahoo.com
                                Message 15 of 15 , Sep 10, 2010
                                  Hi all,
                                  As a MASSIVE fan of Wildstorm, especially GEN 13 & THE AUTHORITY I hope everybody participates in the new poll I just added. I'd like to know what titles members like best.