Stormwatch in Authority Prime?

  • David Stallard
    Message 1 of 9 , May 2 11:30 AM
      Today I ventured into a comic book shop for the first time in quite a while.  I noticed that Wildstorm now has a book called Authority Prime -- the shop had the first two issues.  Is this just The Authority except rebooted and with a slightly different name, or is it actually something else?

      Also, in issue #2 I saw that they are confronted by Stormwatch, and to my surprise it looked almost exactly like the really early Stormwatch team!  Diva was there, and she actually looked like Diva!  She hadn't been "reimagined" or anything.  Hellstrike was also there, and if I remember correctly it was in his original silver bodysuit that he wore before he transformed into an energy being.  Battalion even had his fishbowl helmet once again!  Wow.  Is this the team regularly featured in the current Stormwatch book?  I didn't see any issues of the Stormwatch book at the store so I couldn't confirm.  Or has the Stormwatch book been canceled?

      David
    • Pygmalion
      Message 2 of 9 , May 2 6:09 PM
        Most dead characters were brought back to life during the Worldstorm (sort of after effect of Captain Atom: Armageddon) although they did claim that the Stormwatch/Aliens thing did happen. I forgot how they were brought back except that it had something to do with Battalion. Of all the Stormwatch Prime brought back to life, only Farenheit lost her powers. She was put in Stormwatch: Post Human Division for a short while until the series was canceled and they made up something for her to regain her powers...

        As for how Diva was alive is a different thing. She couldn't recall ever dying from the hands of Despot. I guess the best explanation is when Captain Atom tried to go back to the DCU, he changed the WSU big time. Hell, even the Gen 13 were messed up. Lynch hasn't met the Gen 13 yet. Sort of. There histories were changed. I couldn't believe Gail Simone was writing it. Gen 13 nowadays appear to be clones of the original ones but why Ivana Baiul doesn't care about capturing them is another matter. As for Wildcats, it's even more ridiculous. The Morrison version would have been great but it looks like its just going to be an All-Star version of Wildcats.

        On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 2:30 AM, David Stallard <davidstallard@...> wrote:

[...]

      • jnadiger
        Message 3 of 9 , May 2 8:54 PM
          StormWatch Prime were all revived by Jackson King (with a little help
          from the Authority's Doctor) in StormWatch PHD #5, with some more
          details on the Hows and Whos revealed in StormWatch PHD Armageddon #1.

          As for Diva, that Diva is Alessandra Fermi's younger sister.

          So, all the Ellis issues still happened, StormWatch still got
          slaughtered by Aliens, and Winter still got trapped in the sun. The
          first Diva still got ripped apart by Despot.

          The WorldStorm reboot only affected the deaths/retcons of the Gen 13
          kids and Michael Cray.
        • Pygmalion

            Message 5 of 9 , May 4 10:27 AM
              I know I do. Can anyone get me a list of recent ongoing series and mini from Wildstorm, since the Captain Atom mini? Thanks in advance.

              N. Franco

              To: wildstormfan@yahoogroups.com
              From: lightspec@...
              Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 08:36:37 +0800
              Subject: Re: [wildstormfan] Re: Stormwatch in Authority Prime?

              Mebbe i need to check this Armageddon thing...

              On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 11:54 AM, jnadiger <wildstormresource@...> wrote:
              StormWatch Prime were all revived by Jackson King (with a little help
              from the Authority's Doctor) in StormWatch PHD #5, with some more
              details on the Hows and Whos revealed in StormWatch PHD Armageddon #1.

              As for Diva, that Diva is Alessandra Fermi's younger sister.

              So, all the Ellis issues still happened, StormWatch still got
              slaughtered by Aliens, and Winter still got trapped in the sun. The
              first Diva still got ripped apart by Despot.

              The WorldStorm reboot only affected the deaths/retcons of the Gen 13
              kids and Michael Cray.

              With Windows Live for mobile, your contacts travel with you. Connect on the go.
            • David Stallard

                Message 7 of 9 , May 4 6:14 PM
                  Selon Nuno Gil Franco <tellos0@...>:

                  > I know I do. Can anyone get me a list of recent ongoing series and mini from
                  > Wildstorm, since the Captain Atom mini? Thanks in advance.

                  Here they are :)

                  Worldstorm 2 issues

                  Series:

                  Wildcats - only 1 issue out
                  Authority - only 2 issues out
                  Gen13
                  Deathblow - series cancelled with issue 9
                  Wetworks - series cancelled with issue 15 (or 16 - don't remember)
                  Welcome to Tranquility (new series - new characters supposeledly from the WS
                  Golden Age)
                  Stormwatch PHD - series stopped with #12

                  Mini-series:

                  The Authority: Prime - 5 issues
                  Armageddon - one issue for WC, Gen13, Authority, Welcome to Tranquility,
                  Stormwatch PHD
                  Wildcats Revelations (6 issues not bad, really and faithful to continuity)
                  Number of the Beast (6 issues - currently out in comic-shops)
                  Wildcats End of Days (will follow Number of the beast)

                  If I've forgotten something, you know what to do. ;)

                  Mathieu
                  --
                  Lycée Français de Moscou: http://www.lfm.ru
                  Onirique Comics: http://onirique.free.fr
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 4 10:31 PM
                    Slight corrections & notes:

                    <<Wildcats - only 1 issue out>>
                    by Grant Morrison & Jim Lee
                    Yup, allegedly, it's still going to be completed as a six issue
                    series, but an out-of-continuity "all star" type book.

                    <<Authority - only 2 issues out>>
                    by Grant Morrison & GeneHa
                    Yup, and Grant Morrison said "fuck it" after getting bad reviews for
                    the first issue. The plan is to have the story finished by writer
                    Keith Giffen, no artist named yet. Judging from Gene Ha's blog,
                    seems doubtful that he'll do it.

                    We forgot to mention the MIDNIGHTER ongoing series, which lasted 30
                    issues.
                    #1-6 by Garth Ennis & Chris Sprouse/Glenn Fabry
                    #7-10 all one-offs by various writers & artists.
                    #11-20 by Keith Giffen & Jon Landry/Lee Garbett

                    <<Gen13>>
                    #1-6 by Gail Simone & Talent Caldwell
                    #7 by Simone & Alvin Lee
                    #8-13 by Simone & Carlo Barberi
                    #14-20 by Simon Oliver & Carlo Barberi/Sunny Lee
                    Still ongoing, returning in August at issue #21 with a new creative
                    team.

                    <<Deathblow - series cancelled with issue 9>>
                    by Brian Azzarello & Carlos D'Anda
                    Yup, although Deathblow will be a member of StormWatch starting with
                    StormWatch PHD #13.

                    <<Wetworks - series cancelled with issue 15 (or 16 - don't remember)>>
                    #1-9 by Mike Carey & Whilce Portacio/Darick Robertson/others
                    #10-15 by Keith Giffen/J.M. DeMatteis & Joel Gomez/others
                    It ended with #15. There's going to be some Wetworks backup stories
                    running through the new books at some point.

                    <<Welcome to Tranquility (new series - new characters supposeledly
                    from the WS Golden Age)>>
                    By Gail Simone & Neil Googe
                    Yup, and they interacted with Majestic and the High back in the day,
                    before being forced into retirement by the creepy present-day
                    WildStorm governments. This was an excellent 12-issue series, and
                    there are plans for a new six-issue series somewhere down the line.

                    <<Stormwatch PHD - series stopped with #12>>
                    by Christos Gage & Doug Mahnke/Andy Smith
                    It's coming back with #13 in August, with a new creative team.

                    <<The Authority: Prime - 5 issues>>
                    by Christos Gage & Darick Robertson. Six issues.

                    There's also the DC/WILDSTORM: DREAMWAR miniseries, 6 issues by Keith
                    Giffen & Lee Garbett

                    <<Armageddon - one issue for WC, Gen13, Authority, Welcome to
                    Tranquility, Stormwatch PHD>>
                    by Christos Gage & Talent Caldwell, Jonboy Meyers, Simon Coleby,
                    Horacio Domingues, Leandro Fernandez, & Brandon Baddeaux
                    The Authority one was titled under "MIDNIGHTER". Also an incredible
                    Wetworks one, six in all.

                    <<Wildcats Revelations (6 issues not bad, really and faithful to
                    continuity)>>
                    By Christos Gage/Scott Beatty & Wes Craig
                    Title is WILDSTORM Revelations, and it's the second of the
                    three "apocalypse" mini-series, after Armageddon and before Number of
                    the Beast

                    <<Number of the Beast (6 issues - currently out in comic-shops)>>
                    by Scott Beatty & Chris Sprouse
                    It's going to be eight issues in total, being released bi-weekly.

                    <<Wildcats End of Days (will follow Number of the beast)>>
                    The relaunch is called "World's End" and the four titles are:

                    WILDCATS: WORLD'S END #1 by Christos Gage & Neil Googe
                    THE AUTHORITY: WORLD'S END #1 by Dan Abnett, Andy Lanning, & Simon
                    Coleby
                    GEN 13 (starting #21) by Scott Beatty & Mike Huddleston
                    STORMWATCH PHD (starting with #13) by Ian Edginton & Leandro
                    Fernandez.

                    In addition, there will be a backup story running through the four
                    titles, all written by Christos Gage:

                    JOHN LYNCH (original Lynch, not the clone from recent Gen 13 issues)
                    by Trevor Hairsine
                    MARC SLAYTON drawn by Mike McKone
                    WETWORKS by Brandon Badeaux
                    CYBERNARY by Pete Woods
                    CHRISTINE BLAZE/LYNCH/SLAYTON in the 70s by Phil Noto
                    TEAM ACHILLES by Ivan Reis.

                    WildStorm's got a World's End mini site up here:
                    http://www.dccomics.com/sites/wildstorm_worlds_end/

                    With PDF previews of all the relaunch titles, for your perusal and
                    old-school fanboy judgment. In addition, WildStorm editor Ben
                    Abernathy says all the books have about four-to-five issues already
                    completed, so they should ship on time.

                    Hope that helps! I think they're worth checking out.
                  • Mathieu Doublet
                    Message 9 of 9 , May 5 2:46 AM
                      Selon jnadiger <wildstormresource@...>:

                      > Slight corrections & notes: ...
                      > Hope that helps! I think they're worth checking out.

                      Thanks for the corrections, I wrote my mail from what my memory remembered.

                      Stormwatch PHD out in august ? Just one word: Yeaahhhh ! :D

                      Mathieu