What's going on in Wildstorm land?

  • David Stallard
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 20 7:40 AM
      Just thought I'd brush the dust off of this mailing list and get an update on what's going on with the Wildstorm Universe these days.  I'm completely out of touch.  Are the "return to the shared universe" books still going strong?

      I did scan the Wildstorm forums a week or two ago and saw there was some trouble regarding Scott Dunbier; it wasn't clear to the people there if he still had a position at Wildstorm or not.  Anybody have the details on that?
    • Mathieu Doublet
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 20 8:20 AM
        Selon David Stallard <davidstallard@...>:

        > Just thought I'd brush the dust off of this mailing list and get an update
        > on what's going on with the Wildstorm Universe these days. I'm completely
        > out of touch. Are the "return to the shared universe" books still going
        > strong?

        Sort of, kind of.
        The major issue is that Grant Morrison is responsible for scripts of Wildcats
        and Authority. And the new Wildcats #1 is supposed to initiate the Worldstorm
        (with flash-backs, references to Wildcats #1 - in which we see Grifter in the
        same state Jacob Marlowe was at the beginning of Wildcats vol.1 #1. But Wildcats
        #2 has not yet been schedulded.

        Gen13 has brought back the initial team. With another origin: our heroes are
        orphans educated by a secret corporation who sell gen-actives to the highest
        bidder. Parents/Agents are killed and children are on the loose. John Lynch is
        supposed to get them back. That's just the first TPB. I haven't yet read the
        other issues as I decided to read Gen13 in TPB.

        Stormwatch PHD is the successor to Stormwatch Team Achilles except that PHD is
        built by Stormwatch Prime who need someone to beat the crap out of them if they
        go completely insane. Good plot, good art but I thought I heard that the series
        were cancelled.

        Welcome to tranquility : well I have just read the first two issues.

        Wetworks: I don't reaaly know the previous volume. I just read that it was in
        continuity with issue #32 (or something around) and that everything else was
        retconned.

        Deathblow: another origin for Michael Cray who has a family which isn't really
        his family but other agents hired to give him a sense of comfortableness. Fun to
        read so far.

        There are crossovers or events coming up. Authority Prime and Armageddon with
        one-shot for each series and certainly the re-appareance of the Void creature
        (as seen in Captain Atom: Armageddon).

        > I did scan the Wildstorm forums a week or two ago and saw there was some
        > trouble regarding Scott Dunbier; it wasn't clear to the people there if he
        > still had a position at Wildstorm or not. Anybody have the details on that?
        I think he quitted but haven't much details about it.

        Sgt Pepere, aka Mathieu Doublet
        --
        Lycée Français de Moscou: http://www.lfm.ru
        Onirique Comics: http://onirique.free.fr
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 20 11:46 AM
          > Stormwatch PHD is the successor to Stormwatch Team Achilles except that PHD is
          > built by Stormwatch Prime who need someone to beat the crap out of them if they
          > go completely insane. Good plot, good art but I thought I heard that the series
          > were cancelled.

          That would be terrible - this is really the only WS comic worth reading right now.

          > Wetworks: I don't reaaly know the previous volume. I just read that it was in
          > continuity with issue #32 (or something around) and that everything else was
          > retconned.

          Not really - there is far less retconning in this than in the other WS books.

          That said, the first arc was quite good, the second quite bad, and I'm on the verge of dropping it altogether.

          -Ben =)
          Explore the seven wonders of the world