Five favorite Wildstorm characters

  • David Stallard
    Message 1 of 8 , May 4, 2005
      Name your 5 favorite characters from across the Wildstorm Unverse, past or present, and explain what makes them so cool.
    • Sergent Pépère
      Message 2 of 8 , May 4, 2005
        Selon David Stallard <dstallar@...>:

        > Name your 5 favorite characters from across the Wildstorm Unverse, past or
        > present, and explain what makes them so cool.

        Michael 'Deathblow' Cray - for the whole story, the Apocalypse arc
        John Lynch - for being the mentor of Gen13
        Jack Marlowe - because the character really evolved through the years
        Mickey Rinaldi and Preston Kills because the duo was really a cool one.

        That's 5.

        Sgt Pépère
        --
        Comics: http://www.france-comics.com
        Onirique: http://onirique.free.fr
        Message 3 of 8 , May 5, 2005
          Backlash
          Ben Santini (thanks to Micah)
          Tao
          Jenny Sparks (love/hate typa deal)
          Elijah Snow

          PJ

        • John McMahon
          Message 4 of 8 , May 5, 2005
            Hurm!

            1) Winter (as written by Ellis)
            2) Deathblow
            3) Jester (from Wetworks)
            4) The Drummer
            5) Jenny Sparks

            J.
          • David Stallard
            Message 5 of 8 , May 5, 2005
              In no particular order:

              * Flashpoint - he was an arrogant troublemaker and ultimately a traitor to Stormwatch, but he really helped flesh out a dynamic in a team that otherwise wouldn't have had much internal conflict.

              * Grifter - the "guy with guns" may be a cliche, but Grifter is just cool.  I'm speaking of the WildCATs volume 1 version of Grifter...he's not complete without his trenchcoat and a VAD-PP30 in each fist.  Starting with Wildcats volume 2, I no longer cared much about the character.

              * Deathblow - as cool as Grifter is, Deathblow is probably even cooler.

              * Backlash - this one is harder to quantify, because I think some aspects of the character (like the misting ability) are kinda dumb.  But for some reason I dig Backlash...I like the visuals created by the psi-whips, and his Team 7/Kherubim background connect him to many facets of the universe.

              * I have a hard time choosing a 5th favorite.  Zealot and Fuji would be in the running, but I can't make a firm decision.  :)
                Message 7 of 8 , May 5, 2005
                  Eijah Snow, Jenny Sparks, Santini, Bendix and Midnighter.

                  Chris