Batmnan/Deathblow & Wildcats #3

  • Kergillian
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2002
      *SPOILERS*SPOILERS*SPOILERS*

      Well I just finished reading em and i'm a bit disappointed with both.
      The Bruce Wayne is posing as Deathblow was roll your eyes silly and
      predictable, and the whole book was half-assed and rushed...for a 6
      month wait I could really have used a better story than this. Wasn't
      worth the paper it was printed on. Even the art seemed below norm.
      Copout, utter copout.

      Wildcats was certainly better than that, but is it just me or does it
      seem like there's a lot of useless filler in it? Panels andpages that
      are there to fill up space and nothing else? LIke Psrtan walking in
      space and the title page?

      I found this issue confused (like confusing, but reall it felt like
      Casey himself didn't know what was going on...) and there are more holes
      popping up in this plot that in Scott Lobdell's talent...

      Digs aside, what was exciting the first couple of issues is starting to
      drag. It's beginning to feel like the Monarchy and the Estbalishment -
      so caught up in hidden details etc that it loses the *point*. And by now
      I want a sense of where it's headed, but it changes directions more
      often than J. Scott changes his diapers.

      Anyhow, maybe I'm a touch too harsh, but WC has always been my fav
      title, and vol. 2 was barely saved by the skin of its teeth. And every
      issue it becomes less and less Wildcats...maybe it should be renamed
      HALOCORP or the Grifter Spartan Show?

      Just once I'd like to see a team book REMAIN a team book in some way or
      another...

      Cheerz!
      -Ben +)