Re: [wildstormfan] Rising Stars #6 (avoid if you don't like spoilers)

  • davidstallard@cs.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2000
      In a message dated 3/31/00 8:17:11 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      Kergillian@... writes:
      << Wow! That's my first comment after reading it...Rising Stars has quickly
      become my 2nd fav title behind the Tenth...The art is superb, as usual...the
      plot! Oh the Plot!! Straczynski is brilliant (which is amazing because I
      HATE Babylon 5! (Sorry Alex...) But the plot in this title is continuously
      brilliant, with twists and turns that catch the reader completely off guard
      (Brandon Choi are you taKing notes??) >>

      I agree...I think Rising Stars is an excellent title. However, I've seen a
      lot of people criticizing it as a Watchmen ripoff (although it has shed most
      of those similarities over the last two issues) and a lot of people seem
      unhappy with the art, but I think all around it's just a really good read. I
      look forward to it as much as any other book I get, including Authority and
      Astro City, which are probably my other two favorites along with my long-time
      guilty pleasure, Groo!