Re: [wildstormfan] Wildcats 3.0 #1

  • John McMahon
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 1, 2002
      heebiejeebie21@... wrote:

      > How do you figure that?

      The man CONSTANTLY waffles about how he's going to blow us away with
      this and that tired concept. Automatic Kafka has bored me to tears to
      be honest, though it's only got two issues under its belt, I won't
      be bothering with it anymore. His Uncanny work was LAUGHABLE
      especially when you consider the amount of time he spent talking it
      up.

      Outside of the Serial boxes story arc on Wildcats, which was a really
      strong storyline, I've yet to read anything from Joe that really
      struck me as particularly decent.

      Did't Joe write an issue of Wildcats with Warblade in it already, or
      was that Scott Lobdell ?

      I'm glad you enjoy his work but, personally, he does nowt for me.

      J.
    • davidstallard@cs.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 1, 2002
        In a message dated 9/1/2002 6:46:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time, jmcmahon@...
        writes:
        > Did't Joe write an issue of Wildcats with Warblade in it already, or
        > was that Scott Lobdell ?

        As far as I can recall, the only time Joe Casey wrote Warblade was in the
        Wildcats Annual from a year or two back, where basically he just showed up to
        announce that he was retiring. So I don't think Casey has any interest in
        bringing Warblade back....
      • TUvetgirl
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 1, 2002
          --- In wildstormfan@y..., davidstallard@c... wrote:
          > So what did everyone think of the first issue of Wildcats 3.0?
          >
          > MINOR SPOILERS BELOW

          Believe it or not, I liked the issue and I'm not a fan of Joe Casey.
          It was a very good beginning.

          Good: Pretty good storyline, liking the corporate backdrop. Grifter
          walking naked in the hotel lobby, I got a good laugh at off of that
          one. You would think from hanging out with Zealot all these years he
          should spot a female assassin a mile away but I guess he wasn't
          thinking with his brain.=) Wildstorm, bring on more naked men, y'all
          owe your female fans, we've had to endure gratuitous T&A for years so
          now it's time for the guys.>=) Dustin's art very goods now, I'm
          impressed. The super-hero serial killer seems to be a good storyline
          in the works.

          Bad: Joe's still picking on super-heroes. I miss the whole gang
          together. Are the rest of the 'Cats coming back?

          Ugly: Not a lot of ugly, well maybe Grifter's whiskers. Why is he
          looking like Wolverine?? Also, how long will Joe keep this up before
          he starts to slip up? Did I tell you how I miss the old team? Okay,
          I'll stop now. =)

          Now, I have questions:

          -When did Spartan fuse with Void? I only read the first 3 issues of
          v.2.

          -Any rumors on what happened to Ladytron?

          -Where did Agent Wax come from? I've read that he is with a "fake"
          department in the National Parks Service and deals with paranormal
          activity that deals with SPs. But when did he show up and why?

          -What is the purpose of C.C. Pendozzo? I know she's supposed to be
          this super-manipulating mob boss, but what is her goal?

          -Does anyone know have rumors or speculation about this super-hero
          serial killer? Is it supposed to be the guy from Sleeper?

          -Who do you guys think will become a rival of Halo? Defile is still
          around somewhere....=)

          Excuse any typos guys. Thanks.

          --Nicole