Stormwatch: Team Achilles

  • John McMahon
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2002
      Two articles on the new Stormwatch available online at :

      http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=954
      and
      http://www.comicon.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=13&t=000858

      Sounds promising but I'm skeptical of Portacio's ability to keep to any
      kind of regular schedule.

      J.
    • davidstallard@cs.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1, 2002
        jmcmahon@... writes:
        > Sounds promising but I'm skeptical of Portacio's ability to keep to any
        > kind of regular schedule.

        Yeah, and it's compounded since he is doing both pencils and colors.
      • cancer_ous
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 17, 2002
          <"anyone want to guess what's the over/under on Whilce
          finishing three consecutive issues of this book?">

          Well.

          I'd stay away from that bet if I were you.

          Whilce is back with a vengence. By my admittedly non-scientific
          count, he's cranking an average of two pages a day pencilling
          and about a page and a half a day of coloring. The man is
          motivated. I'd like to think that good scripts have something to
          do with that. The book is settling in comfortably for both of us...
          the characters and designs are really starting to gel quite nicely.

          Whilce and I are going to be going through #6 together, at which
          point Whilce might be taking a well-deserved 2-month break. I
          tell you this now so that when the solicitations for #7 come
          around, no one starts up with bullshit rumors about Whilce
          being unable to meet his deadlines.

          For my part, I've written through issue #3 and will finish #4 this
          week. The first three issues are one arc. A new arc starts with
          #4 and it's an EXCELLENT place for new readers to start.

          So, after your friends miss and/or skip the pre-orders on 1-3, you
          can recommend that they jump aboard with #4 and they won't be
          all "aw man, I can't be bothered to buy the old issues to figure
          out what's going on and shit, yo."

          And as for the misgivings people have about the book not
          FEATURING superheroes as the titular characters, well, we're
          going to see great superhero stuff... it's just not going be our
          main characters doing it. Did you enjoy "Marvels" by Alex Ross?
          Well, we're kinda like that, only with REALLY BIG GUNS.

          I'm advising people (especially old-school Wildstorm fans) not to
          miss this series. One of my goals on the book is to tie up some
          of these WS loose ends while keeping the book accessible to a
          non-comicbook-reading woman who accidentally stumbles into
          a comic store. How's that for a lofty goal?

          yours,
          Micah Wright
          writer, "Stormwatch: Team Achilles"
          micah@...
          www.micahwright.com
        • John McMahon
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 17, 2002
            From: "cancer_ous" <Cancerous@...>

            > I'd stay away from that bet if I were you.

            Glad to hear it's all coming together Micah. I'm a big fan of Whilce's work
            but
            got more than a little burned when he worked on X-Force with Ellis/Edington
            and didn't do more than a handful of issues - none of which really looked
            like
            his best work.

            Good luck with the project,

            J.
          • davidstallard@cs.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 17, 2002
              In a message dated 4/17/02 5:52:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Cancerous@... writes:
              I'm advising people (especially old-school Wildstorm fans) not to
              miss this series.

              Micah, you're talking directly to me with that sentence.  I'm onboard!  :)

              David
            • Ben Kalman
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 17, 2002
                -grin- all music to * ears at least...i'm a hardcore old-school WS fanatic,
                and I've been hungering for this kind of series to come for a while...

                I have to say I'm more psyched about this and WC 3.0 than I'vbeen for a new
                book at WS foruite a while...

                disappoint me and feel my wrath! -lol-

                Good luck! I'll have this one pre-ordered without hesitation!

                Cheers!
                -Ben =)

                >Well.
                >
                >I'd stay away from that bet if I were you.
                >
                >Whilce is back with a vengence.

                -snip-

                >I'm advising people (especially old-school Wildstorm fans) not to
                >miss this series. One of my goals on the book is to tie up some
                >of these WS loose ends while keeping the book accessible to a
                >non-comicbook-reading woman who accidentally stumbles into
                >a comic store. How's that for a lofty goal?
                >
                >yours,
                >Micah Wright
                >writer, "Stormwatch: Team Achilles"
                >micah@...
                >www.micahwright.com

              • Jason Hall
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 26, 2002
                  Ok Im trying to find the name of one of the characters from this book. I have every issue from the series but cant find a couple of them and they seem to be the only ones that say his name I guess, heh. I might be just overlooking it.

                  Anyway, to the point, I need to know the name of the guy whom is all massively scarred up whom has the ability to feel the pain he inflicts on others. ANyone recall his name? Thanks.