Off Topic bits'n'pieces

  • John McMahon
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2001
      The dancing Warren Ellis page -
      http://www-scf.usc.edu/~cvc/hatemale/superwarren/superwarren.html

      Saw the X-Men movie Sunday night was was surprised at just how good
      it was, hardly brain bending stuff but it was a highly enjoyable action
      flick with some really spiffy special effects. The plot was a little
      dubious but the set pieces made up for that.

      Current TPBs awaiting my attention : Strangehaven (vol two)
      Finder (vol two)
      Torso
      Blade Of The Immortal (vol three)
      Santuary (vols one & two)

      Title I read but isn't worth money : Hellblazer (awful)

      J.
    • davidstallard@cs.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2001
        jmcmahon@... writes:
        > Saw the X-Men movie Sunday night was was surprised at just how good
        > it was, hardly brain bending stuff but it was a highly enjoyable action
        > flick with some really spiffy special effects. The plot was a little
        > dubious but the set pieces made up for that.

        I like it but something about it makes me not love it...not sure what that
        something is, though. I have it on DVD (Christmas gift) but haven't watched
        it a 2nd time yet to solidify my opinion.
      • Alex Rajeff
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2001
          On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, John McMahon wrote:

          > The dancing Warren Ellis page -
          > http://www-scf.usc.edu/~cvc/hatemale/superwarren/superwarren.html

          Just visited this before I read your post. Hillarious.

          > Current TPBs awaiting my attention : Strangehaven (vol two)
          > Finder (vol two)

          Still trying to find time to the read vol ones of these.

          > Torso

          Just read it this past weekend. very good. I do hope that it
          materializes as a movie.

          > Blade Of The Immortal (vol three)

          Have read up to the begininng of the current story arc. excellent.

          > Santuary (vols one & two)

          Argh. I have to get through Strain Vol. 1-4 first, then I'm picking up
          Sanctuary.

          > Title I read but isn't worth money : Hellblazer (awful)

          I dropped it after Warren left. Despite the praise it's received, I've
          seen no reason to pick it up. (Though I did cheat a bit buy getting the
          "Hard Time" trade just to see what all the fuss was about). DC should
          just bite the bullet (no pun intended) and publish "Shoot" in a nice
          prestige package with an introuctory essay or two to cover their ass.
          It's a great piece of social commentary.

          > J.

          Alex Rajeff
          Interlibrary Services
          Stanford University Libraries