Wildstorm Annual 2000

  • Ben Kalman
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2000
      SPOILERS AHEAD!

      I can't believe someone voted an 8 for this waste of trees! Sub-par art and
      no story whatsoever! Was even more horrible than I'd expected. Absolutely no
      explanation for the other annuals, no particular explanation as to what was
      happening with Blaze and Cray either, simply inserted into the comic and
      told to go fight an enemy that was never explained either. Characters
      weren't characterized at all, simply one-dimensional cardboard constructs.
      I've *never* seen Cray used so badly! And although I'm not a fan of Divine
      Right at least Lee can write a plot!
      This has to be the single-most horrid attempt of writing I've read in a
      *loooooooong* time, far surpassing the old record for Sci-Tech;) If this
      series of Annuals is the *future* of a shared Wildstorm universe I'll be
      dropping titles fairly fast as they turn over. I don't like Planetary much,
      but I'll at least admit that's due to taste and it's a quality book. This
      was crap by any standards. And I'm sure as hell not even going to *look* at
      Jezebelle at this rate. What the hell were they *thinking*? I have young
      cousins who love the cheezy children's revival at Marvel who'd beinsulted ny
      these comics!
      Does *anyone* else like these annuals at *all*??
      Cheers!
      -Ben =)

      http://profiles.msn.com
    • Alex Rajeff
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2000
        Hey Ben,

        I'm the one who voted the 8. My bad. I thought it was the Wildcats
        poll. I haven't read it so have no opinion of the "Jezebelle" annual.

        Alex Rajeff
        Interlibrary Services
        Stanford University Libraries
        ###

        On Wed, 1 Nov 2000, Ben Kalman wrote:

        > SPOILERS AHEAD!

        > I can't believe someone voted an 8 for this waste of trees! Sub-par art and
        > no story whatsoever! Was even more horrible than I'd expected. Absolutely no
        > explanation for the other annuals, no particular explanation as to what was
        > happening with Blaze and Cray either, simply inserted into the comic and
        > told to go fight an enemy that was never explained either. Characters
        > weren't characterized at all, simply one-dimensional cardboard constructs.
        > I've *never* seen Cray used so badly! And although I'm not a fan of Divine
        > Right at least Lee can write a plot!
        > This has to be the single-most horrid attempt of writing I've read in a
        > *loooooooong* time, far surpassing the old record for Sci-Tech;) If this
        > series of Annuals is the *future* of a shared Wildstorm universe I'll be
        > dropping titles fairly fast as they turn over. I don't like Planetary much,
        > but I'll at least admit that's due to taste and it's a quality book. This
        > was crap by any standards. And I'm sure as hell not even going to *look* at
        > Jezebelle at this rate. What the hell were they *thinking*? I have young
        > cousins who love the cheezy children's revival at Marvel who'd beinsulted ny
        > these comics!
        > Does *anyone* else like these annuals at *all*??
        > Cheers!
        > -Ben =)

      • Ben Kalman
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2000

          >Hey Ben,
          >
          >I'm the one who voted the 8. My bad. I thought it was the Wildcats
          >poll. I haven't read it so have no opinion of the "Jezebelle" annual.
          >
          >Alex Rajeff

          -lol- and here i was, hoping for some insight;) oh well...I'll try not to
          hold it against ya!!
          Cheers!
          -Ben =)

          http://profiles.msn.com