6612Re: [wildstormfan] Digital comics?

  • John McMahon
    Oct 22, 2010
      I read Garth Ennis' Crossed on my HTC Desire there recently and I'm currently following the Walking Dead month-to-month care of illegal downloads (I buy the trades!).

      A proper iTunes for comics would probably see me spending significantly more on the things than I do at the moment - looking at the Marvel/DC offerings on the iPod Touch...the engine's fine but there aren't enough actual comics there at the moment, having three separate 'apps' for Marvel/DC/Image is a pain in the arse!  There's some discussion going on at the moment with people viewing digital as a means of pushing sales of the physical product - Ellis' Freak Angels for example, free every week online but apparently the trades do pretty well.

      On 21/10/2010 21:54, David Stallard wrote:

      I just saw a couple articles that said comic book and graphic novel sales are in the toilet, even more than they were when I dropped out 5+ years ago.  Apparently in August, not a single title sold 100,000 issues.  That's pretty shocking for me, as the first sales figure I've seen in years (I am TOTALLY disconnected from the current comics scene).

      On the other hand, digital comic sales are apparently going through the roof, probably in part due to the release of the iPad, and both DC and Marvel are scrambling to build up their online stores.

      Are you reading digital comics?

      --
      Registered in Ireland as: The Irish Times Ltd.
      Registration Number: 2514

      This e-mail and any files and attachments transmitted with it are confidential and/or privileged.  They are intended solely for the use of the intended recipient.  Any views and opinions expressed are those of individual author/sender and are not necessarily shared or endorsed by The Irish Times Limited or any associated or related company.  The content of this e-mail and any file or attachment transmitted with it may have been changed or altered without the consent of the author.  If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any review, dissemination, disclosure, alteration, printing, circulation or transmission of this e-mail and/or any file or attachment transmitted with it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this e-mail or any file or attachment transmitted with it in error please notify the sender by return e-mail or contact The Irish Times Limited at The Irish Times Building, PO Box 74, 24-28 Tara Street, Dublin 2 or by phoning +353 1 675 8000.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic