6611Re: [wildstormfan] Digital comics?

  • Mathieu Doublet
    Oct 21, 2010
      >>> On the other hand, digital comic sales are apparently going through the roof, probably in part due to the release of the iPad, and both DC and Marvel are scrambling to build up their online stores.

      >>> Are you reading digital comics?

      Hi David,

      I'm not sure if they are selling that much but it's what every publisher is tending to these days. At Sunday DC panel on NYCC, all they were talking about was digital. It seems that Wildstorm will be the digital DC division at the end of the day (digital coloring and digital distribution). I've bought some digital comics but, I haven't read them because I don't have much time(just like my paper comics). And I read them on my iPod Touch, which is not the most convenient.

      I agree with Nuno on the point that digital is good becuase you can try a title and that it is much cheaper (even if Marvel & DC are selling their comics at higher prices than indies, which is a strange idea). I really would like Amazon to release a color Kindle. I'm sure I would be more interested in that than in an iPad.

      Mathieu

      ----
      Lycée français de Moscou: http://www.lfm.ru
      Onirique Comics: http://onirique.free.fr/spip

      I was thinking about getting an iPad so I could more easily read all of the Marvel DVD-ROMs that I bought a few years back (40 Years of Spider-Man and so forth).  When Marvel pulled the license on those DVDs so it could sell them individually in the online store, I rushed out and bought all the ones I didn't already have because, like with physical back issues, it would be prohibitively expensive to get all the same content via their online store.  Of course, the online store doesn't have nearly as complete a selection as those DVDs.

      Anyway, the cheap version of the iPad is $500, which seems a bit much for something to read my comic book PDFs on.  I don't think I would use the iPad for much else, so at the moment I don't see myself getting one.

      I would be interested if DC were to bundle up all of Wildsotrm's back issues for sale digitally, but I doubt that will ever happen.  The first 5 years or so of Wildstorm just isn't that highly regarded, unfortunately.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic