Diatomaceous Earth/Fossil Shell Flour?

  • mickiebon
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 12, 2005
      have any of you heard of or used this: Diatomaceous Earth/Fossil Shell Flour?

      here is a company that sells it www.perma-guard.com

      just wanted some input on this product.

      thanks,
      mickiebon
      mickiebon@...

      Willow Stoke Bison Ranch Noblesville, IN. 46060

    • deadeye_dolly
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 12, 2005
        I've been using the DE all summer here in Texas to keep fire ants
        away, have used it for a number of years. Works on fleas. And it's
        suppose to work on web worms too. A friend uses it in her vegetable
        garden, just rinse and eat! Have to keep in mind it does work by
        direct contact only, and may not see results that same day, but I
        use it at all my thresholds to keep pests out. You can also add a
        couple teaspoons of the DE to a 20 gal. hose end sprayer container
        and spray to your hearts content. I'm selective on where I use the
        DE, I do want to keep the good bugs in the flower garden. Just use
        caution its dust should not be inhailed so use on calm days, and
        some brands of the DE are dustier than others. I bought my last
        batch at Home Depot, Lowes sells it too.

        Hope this helps ya out,
        Dolly

        --- In wildbillhickok@yahoogroups.com, mickiebon <mickiebon@s...>