Hello you all, I'm looking for something.

  • captainmorganswan <yarrow@edwinswan.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 16, 2003
      I'm new to these parts. I was tempted to come here by this seductive
      woman by the name Miz Opal. Got a question for all youins. I'm trying
      to come up with the name of an old western and I have nothing to go
      with but the plot. Maybe one of you folk would know it. I saw it
      once, on TV, when I was a kid. It had to be made in the '50s.

      It goes like this.

      Indians attack stagecoach on its way to California. Small band of
      Confederate cavalry intervenes. It happens the Confederates are on
      the way to California to try and raise the rebellion and win
      California for the Confederacy. Stage coach overturns. A beautiful
      woman, travelling in the stagecoach, is rescued by Confederates but
      now the lot of them are pinned down by hoard of Indians.

      The bell, it turns out, is the fiancée of the commander of the
      Federal army garrison in California. Despite this, a dynamic
      relationship starts to develop between Confederate commander and the
      bell. Things look grim. No water. Indian hoard closing in. Finally
      they come to a plan. Confederates will create a diversion and draw
      the Indians off. Bell and stagecoach driver will escape in the other
      direction and head for help.

      Plan implemented. Confederates ride off, chased by hoard of Indians.
      Bell escapes and immediately comes upon large unit of Federal cavalry
      led by the bell's fiancée. Happy reunion. She explains about the
      brave Confederates. Union soldiers ride off to RESCUE the
      Confederates.

      Meanwhile Confederates are chased up blind canyon. No way out.
      Trapped by oncoming hoard. They decide to do the right thing. Turn
      around, draw sabers, and die a glorious death.

      Just then Union cavalry arrive from the rear. Lots of bugles. Nice
      fight and Indians are driven off. Too late. Bell and fiancée come
      upon the fallen Confederates. Noble Confederate flag waves in the
      wind. We all weep. The end.

      What was the name of that film?
    • deadeye_dolly
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 26, 2003
        Welcome Captain Morgan... glad Miss Opal directed you to our little
        town here. Don't know if we can be of much help with your movie
        question, I had to go askin' around for on this one too, without any
        luck there. I can see the ending to this movie plain as day... just
        can't put a finger on the name of it!

        Sorry we couldn't be more help to you,
        ~ Dolly

        --- In wildbillhickok@yahoogroups.com, "captainmorganswan
        <yarrow@e...>" <yarrow@e...> wrote:
        > I'm new to these parts. I was tempted to come here by this
        seductive
        > woman by the name Miz Opal. Got a question for all youins. I'm
        trying
        > to come up with the name of an old western and I have nothing to go
        > with but the plot. Maybe one of you folk would know it. I saw it
        > once, on TV, when I was a kid. It had to be made in the '50s.
        >
        > It goes like this.
        >
        > Indians attack stagecoach on its way to California. Small band of
        > Confederate cavalry intervenes. It happens the Confederates are on
        > the way to California to try and raise the rebellion and win
        > California for the Confederacy. Stage coach overturns. A beautiful
        > woman, travelling in the stagecoach, is rescued by Confederates but
        > now the lot of them are pinned down by hoard of Indians.
        snip