Not Bettas.

  • Hal
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
      Chameleon Paradise fish? I have 7 of Belontia Signata..or am I
      wrong? Tonight I intended to take out a female combtail and put her
      in with a large male, 10 gallon tank. 2 large fish in the tank
      changed colour to match or blend in to the surroundings. Really went
      nuts then hid. All are usually not tame but they see me they come up
      for food. Other regular coloured Belontia never changed colour at
      all. And thinking about it, these 2 have 'splotched up' before. Have
      really not paid that much attention being busy combining soybeans
      etc,. Anyway, there are 2 pics at http://halcanada.tripod.com/ and
      will try and post 2 in the photos here. Any advice would be
      great.Thanks all.
    • Andrew
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2002
        Hi Hal,

        Just a comment on your B. signata (puts on best Tom Jones hip swerve)
        it's not unusual. I looked at your pics on the site and that is
        fright markings on your fish. They do change colour when they are
        spawning (I'm told, not seen it happen myself)although my thought is
        fright. One of mine never did get that rich pinky red that yours
        have, from that I guees that the fish remained a subordinate. They
        also were 'that' colour when I brought them home in the first place
        and didn'y colour properly until they were settled.

        Cheers

        Andrew

        --- In wildbettas@y..., "Hal " <hhickton@h...> wrote:
        > Chameleon Paradise fish? I have 7 of Belontia Signata..or am I
        > wrong? Tonight I intended to take out a female combtail and put her
        > in with a large male, 10 gallon tank. 2 large fish in the tank
        > changed colour to match or blend in to the surroundings. Really
        went
        > nuts then hid. All are usually not tame but they see me they come
        up
        > for food. Other regular coloured Belontia never changed colour at
        > all. And thinking about it, these 2 have 'splotched up' before.
        Have
        > really not paid that much attention being busy combining soybeans
        > etc,. Anyway, there are 2 pics at http://halcanada.tripod.com/ and
        > will try and post 2 in the photos here. Any advice would be
        > great.Thanks all.
      • Hal Hickton
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2002
          Thank you for your reply. Strange 2 out of 6 did it. They blended so well
          they were hard to see. They are usually tamer (when fed) guess the net was
          strange to them. So will have to do my usual thing. Large green net (they
          are fast!) and let it dangle in the tank for a day or so. Usually works with
          shy species I have found. Quite often they will swim in and out of it after
          a day or so. Especially at feeding time. saves a lot of hassle and decor
          changes! Thanks again.

          http://halcanada.tripod.com/
          http://halcanada.tripod.com/cash/