Re: Time for this group to grow.

  • Wanda
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 15, 2009
      Hi Wayne,
      I too want to see it grow. I also did not want it goverened by an organization. I want it for all who had an interest in wild Bettas. If you would like, I would like for you to take it over. I think you would do well.
      Let me know if you would be willing to take it over.
      Thank you
      Wanda

      --- In wildbettas@yahoogroups.com, "Wayne" <heargon@...> wrote:

      > Dear Wanda and Ken,
      >
      > After reading your posting, I feel like I wanted to help to keep this site going.
      > I share your interest. I just want a place where wild betta lovers get to meet and that we are not governed by a club or organization.
      > Please let me know how I can contribute to this group.
      > Thanks.
      >
      > Wayne
      > --- In wildbettas@yahoogroups.com, "Wanda" <wandanewby@> wrote:
      > >
      > > well, I am sure you are all aware of the fact that I have not posted on here in quite a while. For those that don't know, I am the owner of this group.
      > > Ken and I have not had fish in a long time. This group was my baby, and started with great friends and meeting new fish lovers. I started it for a place to meet for wild betta lovers. Nothing against the IBC, as I was a member for many years, but I wanted soem where for wild betta lovers to meet that wasn't goverened by a club or organization. Everyone continues to post which keeps the group alive.
      > > I feel that in the right hands this group can surely flourish into what it should be. It is time for me to paas the torch. If someone is interested in taking this group over, please email me. If I get several responses. I will look to my friend and helper on the group to decide who should take the job.
      > > I won't close the group. I would just like to see it grow. So, let me know if you are interested and since I may get several emails. Please tell me what you would like to do with the group.
      > > Thank you
      > > Wanda and Ken

    • Kevin Batey
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 15, 2009
        Hi Wayne - I'll help! I'm not the guy for the job - but I love wild bettas and I will help  - (I live in the Caribbean and can't get wild bettas here but when I lived in Tennessee I had a lot of the coccina complex bettas - raised them and bred them - so let me know how I can support YOUR efforts - and thanks to Wanda for being the creator of this group to start with...)

        Thanks!

        Kevin

        I too want to see it grow. I also did not want it goverened by an organization. I want it for all who had an interest in wild Bettas. If you would like, I would like for you to take it over. I think you would do well.
        Let me know if you would be willing to take it over.
        Thank you
        Wanda

        --- In wildbettas@yahoogro ups.com, "Wayne" <heargon@... > wrote:

        > Dear Wanda and Ken,
        >
        > After reading your posting, I feel like I wanted to help to keep this site going.
        > I share your interest. I just want a place where wild betta lovers get to meet and that we are not governed by a club or organization.
        > Please let me know how I can contribute to this group.
        > Thanks.
        >
        > Wayne
        > --- In wildbettas@yahoogro ups.com, "Wanda" <wandanewby@ > wrote:
        > >
        > > well, I am sure you are all aware of the fact that I have not posted on here in quite a while. For those that don't know, I am the owner of this group.
        > > Ken and I have not had fish in a long time. This group was my baby, and started with great friends and meeting new fish lovers. I started it for a place to meet for wild betta lovers. Nothing against the IBC, as I was a member for many years, but I wanted soem where for wild betta lovers to meet that wasn't goverened by a club or organization. Everyone continues to post which keeps the group alive.
        > > I feel that in the right hands this group can surely flourish into what it should be. It is time for me to paas the torch. If someone is interested in taking this group over, please email me. If I get several responses. I will look to my friend and helper on the group to decide who should take the job.
        > > I won't close the group. I would just like to see it grow. So, let me know if you are interested and since I may get several emails. Please tell me what you would like to do with the group.
        > > Thank you
        > > Wanda and Ken

      • Wayne T
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 16, 2009
          Hi Wanda,
          Good to hear from you again.
          Yes, I am willing to continue to run it for you.
          I think it is very important to keep this group active.

          I started raising bettas when I was 8.
          I spent most of my teenage years in Malaysia.
          I was able to catch various wild bettas from small ponds, rivers and paddy fields back then.
          I went back to visit these places a few years ago and it was no longer that easy to find them.

          I am very interested in keeping this site active with some initial guidance from you.
          Can you please provide information to the following questions:
          1. Overview of maintaining this group in terms of my responsibilities and duties.
          2. General house keeping knowledge to maintain the group.

          Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.
          By the way, my wife and I live in Hercules, California.

          Regards,
          Wayne

          I too want to see it grow. I also did not want it goverened by an organization. I want it for all who had an interest in wild Bettas. If you would like, I would like for you to take it over. I think you would do well.
          Let me know if you would be willing to take it over.
          Thank you
          Wanda

          --- In wildbettas@yahoogro ups.com, "Wayne" <heargon@... > wrote:

          > Dear Wanda and Ken,
          >
          > After reading your posting, I feel like I wanted to help to keep this site going.
          > I share your interest. I just want a place where wild betta lovers get to meet and that we are not governed by a club or organization.
          > Please let me know how I can contribute to this group.
          > Thanks.
          >
          > Wayne
          > --- In wildbettas@yahoogro ups.com, "Wanda" <wandanewby@ > wrote:
          > >
          > > well, I am sure you are all aware of the fact that I have not posted on here in quite a while. For those that don't know, I am the owner of this group.
          > > Ken and I have not had fish in a long time. This group was my baby, and started with great friends and meeting new fish lovers. I started it for a place to meet for wild betta lovers. Nothing against the IBC, as I was a member for many years, but I wanted soem where for wild betta lovers to meet that wasn't goverened by a club or organization. Everyone continues to post which keeps the group alive.
          > > I feel that in the right hands this group can surely flourish into what it should be. It is time for me to paas the torch. If someone is interested in taking this group over, please email me. If I get several responses. I will look to my friend and helper on the group to decide who should take the job.
          > > I won't close the group. I would just like to see it grow. So, let me know if you are interested and since I may get several emails. Please tell me what you would like to do with the group.
          > > Thank you
          > > Wanda and Ken

        • Wayne T
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 16, 2009
            Hi Kevin,
            I just wrote to Wanda for more information on how to run it.
            Yes, some technical help from you would be great.
            I have never been to the Caribbean. How is the climate there?
            Do you raise your betta outdoor?
            I currently have some betta mahachai that I got from a good friend.
            I will try to spawn them in Aug.
            Will keep you posted.

            Regards,
            Wayne

            Hi Wayne - I'll help! I'm not the guy for the job - but I love wild bettas and I will help  - (I live in the Caribbean and can't get wild bettas here but when I lived in Tennessee I had a lot of the coccina complex bettas - raised them and bred them - so let me know how I can support YOUR efforts - and thanks to Wanda for being the creator of this group to start with...)

            Thanks!

            Kevin

            I too want to see it grow. I also did not want it goverened by an organization. I want it for all who had an interest in wild Bettas. If you would like, I would like for you to take it over. I think you would do well.
            Let me know if you would be willing to take it over.
            Thank you
            Wanda

            --- In wildbettas@yahoogro ups.com, "Wayne" <heargon@... > wrote:

            > Dear Wanda and Ken,
            >
            > After reading your posting, I feel like I wanted to help to keep this site going.
            > I share your interest. I just want a place where wild betta lovers get to meet and that we are not governed by a club or organization.
            > Please let me know how I can contribute to this group.
            > Thanks.
            >
            > Wayne
            > --- In wildbettas@yahoogro ups.com, "Wanda" <wandanewby@ > wrote:
            > >
            > > well, I am sure you are all aware of the fact that I have not posted on here in quite a while. For those that don't know, I am the owner of this group.
            > > Ken and I have not had fish in a long time. This group was my baby, and started with great friends and meeting new fish lovers. I started it for a place to meet for wild betta lovers. Nothing against the IBC, as I was a member for many years, but I wanted soem where for wild betta lovers to meet that wasn't goverened by a club or organization. Everyone continues to post which keeps the group alive.
            > > I feel that in the right hands this group can surely flourish into what it should be. It is time for me to paas the torch. If someone is interested in taking this group over, please email me. If I get several responses. I will look to my friend and helper on the group to decide who should take the job.
            > > I won't close the group. I would just like to see it grow. So, let me know if you are interested and since I may get several emails. Please tell me what you would like to do with the group.
            > > Thank you
            > > Wanda and Ken

          • Wanda
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 22, 2009
              Hi Wayne,
              Thank you for taking this. I know you will be good as the new owner of the group. I have just made you an owner along with myself. Once you are comfortable about what I have setup, I will take my name off as owner and it will be all yours. Email me off list wandanewby@... and we can go through things more in depth.
              Everyone here is great and I know you will be a great leader for this family we have!!!
              Thanks Wanda