B. fusca spawned again

  • Midnight Bettas
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2005
      Well my Fusca spawned again, he has a huge mouth full, you can see if the picture below that he is loaded.  Anyway this is the 3rd time in as many weeks, in the past he seems to swallow the eggs at about day 3, the female is protecting him like normal (that is her underneath him) and he is ignoring food but I would really like to to actually hold full term this time.  Any suggestions?  Also if he does make it to the 1 week mark is it safe to move him to another aquarium of will that cause him to spit?

      --

      Craig Bolton
      Midnight Bettas
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2005
        The picture did not show up.

        I prefer to move the female and other fish out rather than netting
        the male. I also like to remove the females sooner because even
        though they do protect the male to a degree as soon as they are ready
        to spawn again they will start to bother him and that could make him
        swallow the eggs.

        --- In wildbettas@yahoogroups.com, Midnight Bettas