Re: New and looking for info

  • Pamela
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2005
      I think most of us 'wild betta' people are interested in macrostoma.
      The problem is, the price and that it is hard to get fish younger.
      First off, the price for one pair is prohibitive (they are quite
      expensive). Next, I've always had better luck with more than one
      pair of fish. This particular species is more sensitive to water
      tox. than others. I would think, like with other wilds I have, they
      would be easier to acclimate younger. I've found it difficult to
      find them to buy in unsexed lots (which I would greatly prefer, less
      expensive per fish and raised in my water).

      I would recommend for you to start with something less difficult,
      say, falx. You would get some experience with mouthbrooders and they
      are not so expensive either (and far more forgiving where water
      conditions are concerned).

      We have SMP chats every other week and you can check out the SMP at
      www.IBCbetts.org. If you are an IBC member, there is no extra charge
      to join in the SMP at this time. I have purchased, begged and traded
      all my own fish. ;-)
      ~Pam~
      AKA: gemjunkie
      The Crazy Fish Chick in Spokane WA
      http://gemjunkiesbettas.freeservers.com

      --- In wildbettas@yahoogroups.com, "kitty2083" <kitty2083@y...>
      wrote:

      > Hello all. I'm a member of the CBS, the North CA chapter of the
      IBC.