B. coccina or something else?

  • cecilia_erikson
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2004
      I keep four specimens (2+2) bought as B.coccina. One of the males is
      very "shy" towards me and stays apart from the other fish.
      Yesterday, when fed with live daphnia, he forgot his shyness long
      enough for me to notice that the tips of his pectoral fins are
      whitish (the other maleĀ“s are blue-black). Also, the body colour is
      more red than wine-red. Could this be another species, f.ex.
      B.brownorum? And, if so, is there any risk of hybridization between
      the species? Both females seem to prefer the other male, but what
      if...?

      Cecilia