Re: What to do?

  • Andrew
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2004
      Thomas

      Looking at your set up mouthbrooders would be a good bet to breed.
      I'd suggest that the more popular one in the hobby might be your best
      bet, like B. picta, B. falx or even B. simplex if you can get those
      as wellas B. edithae and B. pugnax species. All of these will spawn
      in your flowerpots as in the pictures on your site. If anything, I
      would have a dark base under the tank as the pristineness of your set
      up might spook the incumbent fish. I had this recently with some
      Black Paradise Fish that would not come out of their hiding places
      until the base of the tank was darkened (I put a piece of black card
      under the tank)

      Cheers

      Andrew

      --- In wildbettas@yahoogroups.com, "mbunaguy" <thomasg@x> wrote:
      > Hi all! I am for the most part a lurker but I have been considering
      > getting back in to breeding tropicals. My forte is African and
      Amazon
      > basin fish but I have always loved wild type bettas. I have about
      > fifty acrylic tanks ranging from 20 gal to 125 gal, slow flow
      central
      > systems w/UV & fluidized bed and full small lab
      equipment/facilities.