I just bought 1 male betta.....

  • lapiz0000
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 2003
      I just bought 1 male betta I believe he is a betta mahachai.
      Awesome looking fish. His scales look like armor w/ a bit
      chocolate to his color. I bought him over @
      Win's Tropical Aquarium, Located in Chinatown, NYC
      169 Mott St.(bet. Grand & Broome )
      New York, NY 10013
      Tel.212-343-2875

      * note the owner has them label as wild betta fighters. Seems to
      me he doesn't really know which species it is. Also he always
      gets his bettas shipment in on mondays, and they do sell very
      quickly. He is very betta friendly. Please do not get his store
      confuse w/ another Aquarium store that is located on the same
      block on the very corner of Broome St. this guy is not betta
      friendly, in fact he is not that friendly at all. So if you ever come to
      NYC, check out Win's tropical aquarium and ask for Rob (the
      owner) Or call.

      Just wanted to share that info w/ you guys.
      -John
    • poppies
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 2, 2003
        I have a female that's suppose to be Mahchi, she's got the armor look to her, and she's dark chocolate colour . She's also quite a good size.
        Ok I'm scared of my digitol camera, I will try and get a picture.
        I'm afraid she's killed off all of her husbands. The last one she held hostage in thier cocoanut shell, poor guy.
        hugs sue
      • lapiz0000
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 3, 2003
          --- In wildbettas@yahoogroups.com, "poppies" <wbr@c...>
          wrote:
          > I have a female that's suppose to be Mahchi, she's got the
          armor look to her, and she's dark chocolate colour . She's also
          quite a good size.
          > Ok I'm scared of my digitol camera, I will try and get a picture.
          > I'm afraid she's killed off all of her husbands. The last one she
          held hostage in thier cocoanut shell, poor guy.
          > hugs sue

          Sue , I'm glad I bought this fish! His armor scales looks
          awesome, i'm going nuts about this fish. I need a female for him
          no doubt. I'll see if i can take a photo of him.

          -John.
        • lapiz0000
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 3, 2003
            wrote:
            > I'm not very good at this, in fact it's my first time taking pictures
            of fish, I've had the camera since March, lol.
            > Here's Momma Mahchi.

            Ha ha very funny sue. Okay the jokes over, now tell me where i'm
            suppose to click on? just kidding. But on the serious side there
            is no picture.
            :•(
            -John
          • poppies
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 3, 2003
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 3, 2003
                Hmmm, There are two pics in my mail.
                I'll put them somewhere and give you the addy
              • poppies
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 3, 2003