Betta persephone and rutilans are spawning like rabbits!

  • Cascade Betta Splendens
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2003
      Well I have to say I am quite excited about this.

      I actually think I may have 5 or 6 persphone fry in the tank. It's so dark
      though I can't be sure. There is another rather large clutch of eggs in the
      nest now and Dad is being super.

      Both pairs of the rutilans have spawned again. It seems that they go about
      every week and a half between spawns. I do not think that there is
      something right with their water or I may be being to nosey as the males eat
      the eggs right before hatching. 6.2 to 6.4 ph, 2 *dKH , and 5 *dGH, are my
      water perameters. I use peat treated water and almond leaves in the water
      for both species. They are eating bbs and bw's. Any ideas as to why they
      keep eating the eggs?

      Thanks ya'll!

      Karen BD
      Cascade Betta Splendens
      http://www.geocities.com/littlegoodsplendens/index.html
      "All creatures great and small, All things bright and beautiful,
      All things wise and wonderful, The Lord God made them all."
      James Herriot

      Pacific NorthWest Betta Society Spring 2003 Show!
      http://groups.msn.com/NWBetta/2003show.msnw
    • STAN LEE
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2003
        If you have been changing the water, perhaps this is the reason.
        Rgds,
        stanlee.

        Download Norah Jones, Eminem and more! http://www.msn.com.sg/ringtones/