Feature ideas: Jumping to alias and auto-alias "++"-headings

  • helgem2
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 20, 2008
      Hi Michael, hi all!

      ++Jumping to alias
      It would be very nice if the cursor in edit mode could jump to the
      alias (or in this case the heading) when I open the page with Ctrl+o.

      ++auto-alias "++"-headings
      I constantly find myself doing something this:

      Wiki word: Movies
      ++Science-Fiction
      [alias:Science-Fiction - Movies]
      * Star Wars
      * Ziggy Stardust

      It would be a great feature for me (and you? please tell us here in
      your posting!) if WikidPad would have an option to produce an alias
      like this for all ++-headings without having to type all these. Most
      of my ++-headings are so important that I want them in the wiki word
      index to be able to open them with Ctrl+O (and having all of them in
      there wouldn't trouble me).
      An alternative would be to have the [alias: XXX] act like a heading.
      And maybe a some new shorter syntax for aliases, e.g.
      ==Science-Fiction - Movies

      Thanks for this great program which changed my life,

      :) Helge

      http://twitter.com/HelgeM
    • Isaac Xin Pei
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 20, 2008
        Hi, All

        I was thinking of something similar -
        to use +++ as outline headers, by pressing a key such as (F2), the
        cursor could jump to the +++ line. In addition, the plugin can create
        a list of +++ lines at the top of the wiki page, so that we can have a
        outline index at the top. - maybe someone can create this done
        quickly?

        currently I am using autohotkeys, and map win+i to insert "+++" before
        my headings though.

        best, isaac

[...]

        Back to top
        Messages in this topic (1)

        --
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Isaac Xin Pei,
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 15, 2009
          helgem2 wrote:
          > Hi Michael, hi all!
          >
          > ++Jumping to alias
          > It would be very nice if the cursor in edit mode could jump to the
          > alias (or in this case the heading) when I open the page with Ctrl+o.
          >
          > ++auto-alias "++"-headings
          > I constantly find myself doing something this:
          >
          > Wiki word: Movies
          > ++Science-Fiction
          > [alias:Science-Fiction - Movies]
          > * Star Wars
          > * Ziggy Stardust
          >
          > It would be a great feature for me (and you? please tell us here in
          > your posting!) if WikidPad would have an option to produce an alias
          > like this for all ++-headings without having to type all these. Most
          > of my ++-headings are so important that I want them in the wiki word
          > index to be able to open them with Ctrl+O (and having all of them in
          > there wouldn't trouble me).

          Because I had to change data format and alias handling for 2.0 anyway,
          this will become available in first or second 2.0alpha.

          Michael