Sourceforge wiki

  • Michael Butscher
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 7, 2008
      Hi,

      now I have enabled the wiki functionality of Sourceforge. The wiki is
      located at

      http://wikidpad.wiki.sourceforge.net/

      Although the access is set to "public" it seems that a Sourceforge
      account is needed to modify the wiki.

      Currently I don't know if this becomes the new official WikidPad-wiki so
      you should not put too much work into it.

      Please report your opinion about and experiences with this wiki here.

      Michael
    • Christian Ziemski
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 8, 2008
        On 07.08.2008 14:42 Michael Butscher wrote:

        > now I have enabled the wiki functionality of Sourceforge. The wiki is
        > located at http://wikidpad.wiki.sourceforge.net/
        >
        > Currently I don't know if this becomes the new official WikidPad-wiki so
        > you should not put too much work into it.

        I played a bit with it yesterday.

        Although I don't like the current Trac wiki very much I would prefer to
        stick with it for now.

        Apropos Trac wiki:

        http://wikidpad.python-hosting.com/ is still using the very old Trac 0.8.

        According to http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/ChangeLog Edgewall has
        published several new versions since 0.8.
        With many bugfixes, anti-spam measures and new features.

        Perhaps a simple update of the Trac software for the WikidPad wiki could
        be a step towards better speed and usability...

        Christian
      • Michael Butscher
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 10, 2008
          Christian Ziemski wrote:

          [...]
          > Apropos Trac wiki:
          >
          > http://wikidpad.python-hosting.com/ is still using the very old Trac 0.8.
          >
          > According to http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/ChangeLog Edgewall has
          > published several new versions since 0.8.
          > With many bugfixes, anti-spam measures and new features.
          >
          > Perhaps a simple update of the Trac software for the WikidPad wiki could
          > be a step towards better speed and usability...

          I have sent a request about that to Webfaction.com (the actual host
          behind python-hosting.com).

          Another option mentioned by Jason would be to use http://code.google.com
          which also supports a wiki (the markup language is described at:
          http://code.google.com/p/support/wiki/WikiSyntax)

          Michael
        • helgeko
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 24, 2008
            Hi!

            For testing I enabled ANOTHER wiki hosted on SourceForge, but this
            time a full-fledged MediaWiki (Wikipedia's software). I am playing
            with since a while ago. Seems to be a very solid thing. What do you think?

            Access it here:
            http://apps.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/wikidpad

            To avoid confusion: This is a different wiki than the one which is
            integrated right into the Sourceforge-site itself!!

            :) Helge - http://twitter.com/HelgeM