Re: Re : [wifdiscussion] Re: notional unit value

  • Wendell
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2008
      Well it appears to be a consensus. But why, why, why italicise that there "the"?

      :)

      Cheers,

      Wendell

      texasmich_1999 <texasmich_1999@...> wrote: I agree after reading 2.5 ....drats makes it harder to pester CW..

      Sam

      --- In wifdiscussion@yahoogroups.com, Tordson <tordson@...> wrote:

      > The same for us
      > Â EC
      >

      > "When you have to shoot, shoot... Don't talk ! "
      >

      > ________________________________
      > De : paulderynck <pderynck@...>
      > À : wifdiscussion@yahoogroups.com
      > Envoyé le : Vendredi, 31 Octobre 2008, 7h35mn 59s
      > Objet : [wifdiscussion] Re: notional unit value
      >
      > We have always played it applies to all 6 CW home countries for the
      > same reasons Bob mentioned.
      >

      > --- In wifdiscussion@yahoogroups.com, Wendell <wifwendell@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hmm. Reading this, you may well be right. But why then bother
      > with putting "the" in this sentence from 11.14 on invasions in
      > italics?
      > >Â Â
      > > ï         +1 if the hex is in the home
      country of the
      > major power that controls the hex;
      > >
      > >Â Perhaps I am over analyzing here but that to me appeared to say
      > it was the overall home country of the Commonwealth which is the
      UK.Â
      > Yes, Aus/Ind/S Af/NZ/Canada are home countries (UK too). But they
      > are not major powers, only the CW is and its (ooh, the power of
      > italics!) home country is the UK...Â
      > >Â Â
      > >Â Oh well maybe I'm reading too much into that italicized "the"!
      > Did anybody else see it that way? Seems this is how groups I've
      been
      > in have played it...
      > >Â Â
      > >Â Cheers,
      > >Â Â
      > >Â Wendell
      > > Bob Andriola <doctormm@> wrote:
      > >Â Â Â Â Â Alex is correct -
      > >
      > > From 2.5:
      > > Major powers and minor countries consist of a home country except
      > for
      > > the Commonwealth which has 6 (the UK, Canada, India, South
      Africa,
      > > Australia and New Zealand). All references to major power home
      > countries
      > > include all 6 Commonwealth home countries unless otherwise stated.
      > >
      > > alexanderinglis wrote:
      > > > I disagree, the CW is not Britain. Britain is not "the" home
      > country
      > > > of the CW. South africa, India, Canada, New Zealand and
      Australia
      > are
      > > > all the home country of the major power hex if you are invading
      > one
      > > > of there hexes. Everywhere else where Britain is an exception
      (or
      > > > Siberia for that matter) it is listed.
      > > >
      > > > Cheers,
      > > >
      > > > Alex
      > > >
      > > > --- In wifdiscussion@yahoogroups.com, Wendell <wifwendell@>

      > major
      > > >>
      > > > power. The home country for the Commonwealth is the United
      > Kingdom,
      > > > so the +1 happens in the UK only (which includes N Ireland
      since
      > > > marine could walk there).

      > > > cw home

      > > --
      > > ---
      > > Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of
      them
      > are stupider than that.
      > >

      > >Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
      > >
      > >Â Â Â Â

    • paulderynck
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2008
        Maybe for when the home country moves - like the Italian home country
        going to Albania? That is what we assumed.

        --- In wifdiscussion@yahoogroups.com, Wendell <wifwendell@...> wrote:

        > Well it appears to be a consensus. But why, why, why italicise
        that there "the"?

        > :)
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > Wendell
        >
        > texasmich_1999 <texasmich_1999@...>
        wrote: I agree after reading
        2.5 ....drats makes it harder to pester CW..

        > Sam
        >
        > --- In wifdiscussion@yahoogroups.com, Tordson <tordson@> wrote:
        > >
        > > The same for us
        > > Â EC
        > >

        > > "When you have to shoot, shoot... Don't talk ! "
        > >

        > > ________________________________
        > > De : paulderynck <pderynck@>
        > > À : wifdiscussion@yahoogroups.com
        > > Envoyé le : Vendredi, 31 Octobre 2008, 7h35mn 59s
        > > Objet : [wifdiscussion] Re: notional unit value
        > >
        > > We have always played it applies to all 6 CW home countries for
        the
        > > same reasons Bob mentioned.
      • Wendell
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2008
          Hmm, maybe. Oh well, read my game report - I didn't capture Australia anyway!

          Cheers,

          Wendell

          paulderynck <pderynck@...> wrote: Maybe for when the home country moves - like the Italian home country