Another oilmystery

  • spjacobi
    Message 1 of 58 , Sep 1, 2006
      --- In wifdiscussion@yahoogroups.com, "paulderynck" <pderynck@...>
      wrote:

      > With the clarification that it is the port that needs to be in
      supply,
      > and also trace to the oil, I withdraw my disagreement.
      >
      > Even simpler!

      Oops, sorry, I didn't see this message when I posted my last.

      Steven jacobi

      > --- In wifdiscussion@yahoogroups.com, "spjacobi" <spjacobi@> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In wifdiscussion@yahoogroups.com, "swang30" <sw30@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Why not oil only? units at sea are already supplied.
      > > >
      > > > Jeff
      > >
      > > He suggested a rules change. This would require ships at sea to
      reorg
      > > at end of turn to have been able to return to base to a port that
      is in
      > > supply. Quite sensible.
      > >
      > > Steven Jacobi

    • FHB Gamer
      Message 58 of 58 , Sep 12, 2006
        The implied rule here is the only thing that can be spent is those oil
        sources traced to. Obviously this got lost some where. That is the
        implication of if 3 units trace to one you have to spend that one, see the
        example.
        Thus if you have 5 saved resources and 2 synth oil in japan and trace 14 oil
        dependant units (2 to each oil) ypou would spend 3 oil of those traced to.
        Someone forgot this in the rule set currently out, this was always
        understood by those of us that used the rule.
        Admittedly I've been playing the game since version 2.0 so I have seen alot
        of these rules evolve.
        MAybe I'll win the Lottery someday and buy the rights for this from Harry
        and redo all the rules, form an island in the south pacific of course:)