Re: Late US entry : bad luck or cautious axis play ?

  • lbinflorida42
    Message 1 of 51 , Apr 1, 2006
      Sorry for the typo's. Meant to say a 5 and a 6 and a couple 2's.

      OTH on more than one occasion I've sat with enough tension for gear-up
      when I needed very little more entry and just kept picking zero's and
      obviously this happens to others.

      Lane

      --- In wifdiscussion@yahoogroups.com, "lbinflorida42"
      <lbinflorida42@...> wrote:

      >> Consider gear-up. It's not that hard to gear-up on turn 3. All you
      > need is 5 in 1 tension pool and 5 in the other. That's moving over a
      > 2, a couple 3's, and a 4. OTH it's 100% impossible if you either
      > can't make tension rolls or all the chits in the entry pool are
      > zero's and one's.
    • claus Boehm
      Message 51 of 51 , Apr 4, 2006
        ...tried this too in a game where I was GE ...I convinced my JP ally to DoW
        N/D 40 to grab South Africa in first turn which he did ...unfortunately my
        plan to simultaniously invade UK & Spain botched horribly...(fleet sank) so
        I put the brakes on invading Spain and but backup plan into effect and
        grabbed Suez & Greece unfortunately really really bad weather and short
        turns meant I couldnt pull of a J/A 41 attack on USSR...combined USSR / US
        attack on JP put her in the robes ...but my M/A 42 attack on USSR managed to
        beat up USSR so badly...that she "surrendered" in J/A 42 after having closed
        M/J on a total pass rolling the necessary "1"...ofcause we were playing 1d10
        with blitzbonus and no oil rule...