Re: [wifdiscussion] Re: JA against RU in 39 and 40

  • palle rasmussen
    Message 1 of 118 , Jan 1, 2001
      Just got a double of this one as the only today.
      Palle
      +ACI-For a month Augustus let hair and beard grow and
      occasionaly banged his head into the doors whilst shouting+ADs-
      +ACI-Quintillius Varus, give me my legions back.+ACI-
      Sueton+ADs- Augustus, 23, 2b

      +ACI-Deliver us, oh God, from the fury of the Norsemen+ACI-

      Message 118 of 118 , Jan 2, 2014
        The trade agreement comes first. Which resources are given are not specified. If only 2 are available, 2 go to Japan.

        Yes, TA has priority over LL because LL do not come from a specific resource. If the CW lends 2 resources, they are not able to say "they are NEI only or you don't get them". They must send them from somewhere else after Japan takes the remaining 2 NEI reosurces.

        On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 12:42 PM, Philipp Meier <pmeier82@...> wrote:

        Situation:
        1940, Netherland is aligned to CW (after GE DoW Netherlands), JP is not at war with the CW. A partisan unit spawns in the NEI and occupies the 2oil resources close to Batavia. As per the trade agreements, NEI has to supply 2 oil to JP, and supplies the rest to the CW.

        Q1: Does the trade agreement have to be satisfied *first* using the 2 oil resources still in NEI possession? Are TA handled the same way as LL?
        Q2: Could JP use the other 2oil close to Batavia because it controls them (partisans are units of the major power closest).

        @Q1: Could CW default on the trade agreement under these circumstance (there doesnt seem to be any mentioning of such an option in RAW7). Are TA resources alike to LL resources and governed by the same rules? FAQ 5.1 seems to suggest that TA would have priority even over LL.

        @Q2: JP controls the partisans, but not the hexes they are in (13.1 : Partisan effects), yet the benefits of those hexes are interrupted while occupied by the partisan. FAQ2-.5-9 (and other partisan related faq) supports this reading.

        We played Q1: yes, Q2: no. Q2: no, because there where not enough TP.. but I am sure JP could not have looted partisan oil in this case.

        Comments are welcome, thanks in advance.
        --
        φιλ