Re: CAP as Rebase

  • LGB
    Message 1 of 60 , Jun 1 12:55 AM
      Rich I think you summed things up very well. Basically by this
      reading of the rules you can fly CAP, effectively rebase your FTR's,
      anywhere you want during the paradrop phase. I have 4 questions:

      1) Does "any hexes" include a hex where it would be illegal to fly a
      paradrop mission- frex, a non-frozen lake hex?

      2) Exactly why does the phrase "any hexes" in the paradrop phase
      supercede 14.2.1 that states CAP is flown to a "threatened location"?

      3) Does it seem odd that you can fly CAP to a hex during the
      paradrop phase without the enemy having a PARA on the board? Is it
      not possible even though in the para phase it says "any hexes" that
      14.2.1 requires that a location actually be "threatened"- even if
      only in theory if not in fact? I will accept it does not but IMHO
      the phrase "any hexes" in one location is not in and of itself enough.

      4) Considering WiFFE has been out for around ten years one might
      have thought that if you can, for all intents and purposes, CAP
      rebase anywhere you want that this would be both common knowledge and
      a common practice?

      Lane

      --- In wifdiscussion@yahoogroups.com, RG1066@a... wrote:
      > There are a couple of diffences. "Any hexes" means just that until
      someone changes the rules. You can fly CAP during Paradrop to any
      hex in range of the FTR enemy or friendly(You could also CAP an enemy
      hex for air reorg). The other difference is that "any hexes" renders
      the whole debate of what constitues a "potential target hex" moot
      during the Paradrop phase because you can literally fly to any hex.
      It also makes the entire issue of what a "potential target hex" is
      pretty pointless because why would anyone fly CAP rebases before the
      Paradrop phase? The issue is still there for CAP during the air
      reorg phase but I'm not going to worry too much about it.

    • RG1066@aol.com
      Message 60 of 60 , Jun 3 12:46 PM
        The issue we are debating is why the Paradrop phase allows CAP to "any hexes" as opposed to all the other air missions including air transport "potential target hexes" and exactly what that means.

        Rich Gause