Re: [wifdiscussion] Major Power Reserves

  • Mike Ensele
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1 12:26 AM
      Reserves may be placed (face down) IMMEDIATELY after a DoW. Say Germany DoW's Russia. Russia's reserves hit the map. Then say Japan DoW's US. America's reserves (and maybe Japan's too) hit the map. It's immediately after a DoW.

      And yes, you can DoW Russia with Germany, see where the reserves go, and then DoW Russia with Japan (or not, as the case may be).

      Mike Ensele
      "Carpet Revitalization Technician"
      www.geocities.com/ncromcr
      ncromcr@...

      May The Dice be with you!!
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1 6:00 AM
        In a message dated 05/01/2004 2:28:02 AM Central Daylight Time,
        ncromcr@... writes:
        Reserves may be placed (face down) IMMEDIATELY after a DoW. Say Germany DoW's
        Russia. Russia's reserves hit the map. Then say Japan DoW's US. America's
        reserves (and maybe Japan's too) hit the map. It's immediately after a DoW.

        This is immediately after a country is non-neutral. That is a Russian DOW on
        Finland, etc. does not bring on the Major Power reserves.

        Steve Balk
        Iowa, USA

      • Bob Andriola
        Message 3 of 8 , May 1 1:35 PM
          Not quite. DoWs are not interspersed with reserve deployment. You do
          all the DoWs, then you move on to all the resulting actions. For
          instance, you don't get to DoW the Netherlands and wait to see how it
          deploys and then DoW Belgium the same step.

          --
          - Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
        • Björn Engqvist
          Message 4 of 8 , May 1 1:39 PM
            --- In wifdiscussion@yahoogroups.com, Bob Andriola <doctormm@o...>
            wrote:
            > Not quite. DoWs are not interspersed with reserve deployment. You
            do
            > all the DoWs, then you move on to all the resulting actions. For
            > instance, you don't get to DoW the Netherlands and wait to see how
            it
            > deploys and then DoW Belgium the same step.

            This is how we have always played it as well, although I can't think
            of a rule that would refute the 'other way' here and now.

            /Björn
          • Bob Andriola
            Message 5 of 8 , May 1 1:46 PM
              You are forced to fall back on the rather obscure "these rules are
              written in sequence of play order" or, in this case, rely on trusting
              that I asked Harry about this when he reworded the section the last time
              around.

              Not a lot to hang your coat on, but that's what we're dealt.

              Bob

              Message 6 of 8 , May 2 3:38 AM
                Is there a specific rule in sequence for "setting up minors"?

                Also, is there one for setting up reserves? Or is my "Japan can wait to DoW Russia to see where the reserves go" correct?

                Wondering if all these things "Harry said" will ever show up in PUBLISHED RAW....

                --
                - Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              • Bob Andriola
                Message 7 of 8 , May 2 12:25 PM
                  Don't hold your breath. Every chance we get, we try to get Harry to
                  make these things explicit. You see the results.

                  --
                  - Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?