Re: [wifdiscussion] Re: Vichy question

  • craftybstd@aol.com
    Message 1 of 122 , Oct 1, 2003
      In a message dated 10/1/2003 4:23:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "LGB" <lgb42@...> writes:

      >--- In wifdiscussion@yahoogroups.com, "spjacobi" <spjacobi@y...>
      >wrote:
      >
      >> Yes, and I imagine there are CW players who build a SYNTH plant on
      >> the first turn.  This is another "so what"?  If I'm Germany
      >pursuing
      >> an anti-CW strategy, I would love to see the CW build out its
      >entire
      >> AMPH fleet.  More power to them.  This is another make weight
      >> argument.
      >

      >In point of fact there are many very experienced players on this list
      >who have advocated for years that the CW should lay down an AMPHIB on
      >turn 1.  Any of them want to comment?
      >
      >Lane

      Well, there's a big difference between building out the AMPH pool and laying down an AMPH on turn 1. I quite often do the latter. My philosphy is that there are certain units that the CW is going to want when it is time to go on the offensive. If you wait until you are getting ready to use them, however; you (1) telegraph your intentions, (2) possibly miss unexpected opportunities earlier as the units were not available, and (3) have to be extremely careful not to screw up your gearing.

      Russ
    • to_weidemann
      Message 122 of 122 , Nov 5, 2010
        Yes, everything teleports. But if parts of North-Africa were conquered before, those Minor Countries stay with the conqueror (and are still conquered...).

        Cheers