Poll results for wifdiscussion

  • wifdiscussion@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 90 , Oct 1, 2002
      The following wifdiscussion poll is now closed. Here are the
      final results:

      POLL QUESTION: I consider of interest to know what is
      your favorite country to play. Which do
      you prefer ?

      CHOICES AND RESULTS
      - Germany, 13 votes, 31.71%
      - Japan, 6 votes, 14.63%
      - Italy, 3 votes, 7.32%
      - CW, 11 votes, 26.83%
      - USA, 2 votes, 4.88%
      - Soviet Union, 6 votes, 14.63%

      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wifdiscussion

      http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/
    • Paul
      Message 90 of 90 , Jun 6, 2013
        Previously I have played a game with 1d10 where there aren't any city/factory defensive bonuses. The addition of those with 2d10, plus the extra loss results for attacker in bad terrain/weather, plus the bigger losses in general for attacker if they roll poorly can really trip up the german if they are unlucky especially. Even at a 5:1 there is luck involved in rolling mediocre (less than 23 total). The 1/2 flip results do help the attacker somewhat, but the ability to anchor defense on place like, say, Lille, and even to toss in defensive Engineers to help even more, help the defender in very important ways over what is possible in the 1d10 table. One or two mediocre results and Germany won't have any divisions left to use as loss takers. That was the biggest flaw of 1d10 I felt when combined with divisions (which almost everyone plays with) - that Germany can bring just 1 division to the party and rarely would need to lose more than that on a decent 1939-1942 attack.