Re: the weather seasons question in Wif

  • ungrim2@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2001
      Remember that your fleet isn't there to destroy the enemy's fleet.
      It's there to protect your own invasions and provide shore
      bombardment and ground support. You don't need to destroy his fleet
      as long as you can protect your units. This was also said in an
      earler annual b.t.w. I think maybe the 1998 one or the one before.
      Keep your carriers heavy with your best fighters. You only need a few
      good bombers really. If you can shoot down his carrier planes, then
      you'll have free reign anyway, and you'll be much better prepared for
      a LBA only attack. Remember that CvP's take four turns to build, so
      they're not easily replacable either. Of course, if you're not
      playing with carrier planes in flames, then I strongly suggest you
      start doing so.

      --- In wifdiscussion@y..., "Patrick Havert" <phavert@n...> wrote:
      > I think due to the larger areas that are covered on the Asian maps,
      that this is what part of the issue is. If you look at a map of some
      of these sea areas, I would find it hard to believe that LBA could
      cover the entire sea zone.

      > It is a pain in the ass though when you cant find the other fleet
      in your impulses. It also forces the Allies and Axis into jumping up
      their aggression if they want to accomplish anything, as you cant
      wait until 1943 to attack, and miss everything in the good weather,
      if you want to be in Tokyo in 1945.(learned from personal experience)

      Service.