To 41Barb or not to 41Barb

  • LGB
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2001
      --- In wifdiscussion@y..., "Palle Rasmussen" <palle_r@g...> wrote:
      > In any case I have little trust in a 1942 Barbarossa working, the
      Red Army is usually too strong to defeat in 1942 and all you can do
      is to buy time to win the game, not something I engage in myself.
      > It is your game though and you know the specifics, thus you are the
      best judge.
      > Palle

      Palle while I agree that a successfull 41 Barb can be decisive I'd
      really start to enjoy WiF less if this were all that was ever done.
      Frankly I think the games where something else is attempted can often
      be more fun and enjoyable for all. I wish I saw Sealion more often.
      I think this winning the war vs winning the game stuff should really
      be put to rest as we are in fact playing a game. Should a group
      start over because the 41 Barb had a run of bad luck and thus there
      is no chance of "winning the war"?

      IMO if you conquer Great Britian you've won the war- I don't know if
      you'll win the game or not but I suspect you have an excellent chance
      (more to the point you've won the war against the powers that DOW'd
      war on you and the USSR DOWing on you would be another war). The
      fact that's it's tough to impossible to "win the war" by doing a
      41med/42 Barb should in no way detract from winning the game.

      Now if you feel a 41 Barb is the only "true" strategy that's fine but
      I think you'd have more fun playing the game if other things were
      attempted from time to time. I rather enjoy those 41med/42 Barb
      games- then again I really enjoy the naval war.

      Lane
    • James Wood
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 7, 2001
        Yes the production multiple changes if the Germans take both Kiev and the
        other one, or if they take one of Leningrad, Moscow, or Stalingrad.

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 7, 2001
          Justin,
          You are correct. Russia must control them to get the multiple bonus.

          Michael Panzer

          Name: Michael
          Nickname: Michael
          I prefer to be called: Michael