Re: Convoy defense vs Subs

  • scdavies1962
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2009
      Uh, that's the rule I'm interested in. Your "quote" out of the rule book says it does count as 1 ASW. We are NOT playing CLiF.

      Thanks,
      Scott

      --- In wifdiscussion@yahoogroups.com, Wendell <wifwendell@...> wrote:

      > Nope.  See 11.5.10 -
      >

      > ï       1 for each CV included (CLiF option 75: each CV adds 0);
      >

      > Cheers,
      >
      > Wendell

    • kenzclark
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2009
        He's not playing with CLiF - so I think the answer is yes, CVs without planes are 1 ASW, probably due to their inherent escording DDs. Any A2S component of the planes with them also help though.

        Ken

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2009
          Thanks Ken, that's what I thought. However, I've found it difficult for the CW to put planes on their CVL's in the first year of the war (sometimes due to picks/builds, sometimes due to losses). And sometimes ya just want one more ASW pt ... LOL