Zero Box

  • horpek
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2009
      Hi again...

      This is about the zero box mostly...

      Following example :
      USA has 14 CONV in the zero box 1 NAV in the 4" box

      GERMANY has 4 FTR & 1 LND(asw) in the zero box & 1 NAV in the 4"box
      Now Germany searches, rolling a "2". USA rolls "5".

      To my understanding all german units are succesfull ,since the FTRs in
      the "0" box get "-2" for the 14 CONVs, making their roll a "0"
      The USA NAV also finds (+1 seabox for being a NAV).
      Conclusion: the 1 US-NAV has to fight all the german ACs.
      the 14 CONVs are not affected in this round.

      Correct ???

      -If some ships want to move "through" a SEA-ZONE containing ACs
      (FTR or Air to SEA) in the ZERO-BOX, would those planes be allowed to
      intercept?
      At least NAVs / CVPs in the zero-box would have a chance to roll a
      "1".

      thanks...
    • Patrice Forno
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2009
        Hello,

        > USA has 14 CONV in the zero box 1 NAV in the 4" box
        >
        > GERMANY has 4 FTR & 1 LND(asw) in the zero box & 1 NAV in the 4"box
        > Now Germany searches, rolling a "2". USA rolls "5".
        >
        > To my understanding all german units are succesfull ,since the FTRs in
        > the "0" box get "-2" for the 14 CONVs, making their roll a "0"
        > The USA NAV also finds (+1 seabox for being a NAV).
        > Conclusion: the 1 US-NAV has to fight all the german ACs.
        > the 14 CONVs are not affected in this round.
        >
        > Correct ???

        Yes it is.

        > -If some ships want to move "through" a SEA-ZONE containing ACs
        > (FTR or Air to SEA) in the ZERO-BOX, would those planes be allowed to
        > intercept?
        > At least NAVs / CVPs in the zero-box would have a chance to roll a
        > "1".

        Yes.

        Regards
        Patrice
      • horpek
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2009
          Thanks Patrice :)

          > Hello,

        • to_weidemann
          Message 4 of 5 , May 3, 2009
            U should as well look at the weather... ;-))

            Cheers

            --- In wifdiscussion@yahoogroups.com, "horpek" <horpek@...> wrote:

            > Thanks Patrice :)
            >

            > > Hello,