[wickwire_wickware] New members need help.

  • Charles F. (Rick) Wickwire
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2000
      Greetings all,

      We have some new members who are looking for help with their family
      history. This first message is from Christine Wickwire Senter and she
      is looking for her father, Michael Ray Wickwire. He was the adopted son
      of Jay and Nodine Wickwire of Nebraska. Here is her note:

      My father was born January 22, 1948, and put for adoption shortly there
      after. He was adopted at approx. 9 months old by Jay and Nodine
      Wickwire in Omaha Nebraska. He served in the National Guard in both
      Nebraska and Wyhoming from 1965 to 1968.
      He married my mother, Doris Kay Steele, in Scottsbluff Neb. on November
      19, 1967, and I was born on September 17, 1968. My parents divorced in
      June, 1972. When we last heard from him, he was in Riverton, WY. That
      was also in 1972, and we've never heard from him since. I've spent my
      entire life thinking that I was the only Wickwire or one of very few.
      If someone shouted the last name Brown, or Smith, lots of people turned
      around. But if someone shouted the name Wickwire, everyone knew who
      they meant. I was the only in the school's history.
      Again, Mr. Wickwire, thank you for at least helping in search that's
      been on-going for over 25 years.

      Sincerely, Christine R. (Wickwire) Senter

      Email address: Rosebud_69301@...