QLD Champs | Final

  • Matthew Rosser
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 26, 2009

      Hi Everyone,

      Killarney is Confirmed as the venue of the Final this weekend.

      Fly Killarney has recently finalised details for the continuation of its sites for YOU the pilot to enjoy and facilitate.

      This weekend is of vital importance to guarantee its future stability & direction.

      Strong support is graciously requested to help the new Club Executives & Landowners get off to a positive start.

      Forecasts predict an approaching front over the weekend.

      Saturday is our Best chance at getting in a valid Task.

      We will meet at Shirl & Sandy’s Cafe on Saturday the 28th of November at 9:00am.

      http://tinyurl.com/shirl-sandy

      Due to the forecast, you will need to be registered & leaving for launch by 9:30am.

      If you are late, call me(0407638834) for confirmation of the days Launch, at this stage it is expected to be the Western Launch at the end of Sunday Plains Road.

      The following Costs will cover the final Round.

      Fly Killarney 3 Month Temporary Membership Fee          $20

      Qld Champs Entry Fee                                                                   $10

      If we have a valid Task on Saturday & the forecast looks hopeless for Sunday,

      the Presentation will take place on Saturday night at venue yet to be decided.

      This is the first Comp with the new Land owners. The club kindly requests no camping on the Launch camp area.

      Killarney Caravan Park has been very supportive of the Club  & Comp in previous years & is the requested alternative.

      http://killarneyviewcaravanpark.com.au/

      Killarney & surrounding area facilities.

      http://tinyurl.com/killarney-area

      Waypoints:

      http://rosser.cc/pg/waypoints/download/killarney2009V1.zip

      View Online

      http://tinyurl.com/killarneyV1

      AirSpace:

      http://rosser.cc/pg/airspace/brisbaneV1.zip

      View Online

      http://tinyurl.com/killarneyV2

      We will be using the automated Check-In System for those out on course.

      http://sites.google.com/site/queenslandpgchampionships/live-check-in

      Please use this number to SMS your status by the appointed Task Check-In time of the day.

      This is a Web – Recieve ONLY number, please call my mobile number to contact me.

      SMS Check-In

      0416 907444

      My contact number for any Comp related needs.

      0407638834

      Looking forward to seeing you all Saturday

      Regards

      Matt Rosser

    • Matthew Rosser
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 29, 2009

        Hi Everyone,

        After a great spring & some rather special flights we have a new Queensland Paragliding Champion.

        The pilot who consistently & decisively flew his way to the top spot of 2009 is..........

        Ivan Anissimov

        Congratulations on your great achievement !!

        2nd Ian McFarlane

        3rd Gavin Zahner

        We have some brilliant pilots in our part of the world these days, so it was certainly a well fought contest.

        Final Results:

        http://rosser.cc/pg/qldchamps/2009/Overall.html

        Thank You to all the clubs involved in keeping the sport alive & strong in our part of the world.

        Conondale Club

        Wicked Wings Club

        Fly Killarney Club

        Canungra Club

        As the year draws to a close we look ahead to what is hopefully the start of some memorable summer flying.

        I wish you all well & hope we enjoy continued support of our great sites in SEQLD.

        Regards

        Matt Rosser

        .